5 hours ago, paradime said:

My distaste for Trump stretches back 40+ yrs, you know, when he was a whiny ass rich democrat. I had hope when he came out against Citizens United, but came back to my senses as soon as he flip flopped on it. As for his admin's F'n batshit crazy chaos, Trump's dysfunctional leadership policies started by appointing a bunch of inexperienced friends and family to cabinet positions and used them like toilet paper. On the world stage, his adversarial foreign relations with our allies made me sick, but sucking Putin and Kim's dick sure kept them satisfied. He gave tax cuts to wealthy folk and corporations for the worst "greatest economy ever" and defunded the health and human services, education, and the Social Security that I paid for. His ill-informed botched handling of the pandemic gave no advisory or tech support for the overwhelmed healthcare system, or any help dealing with the subsequent economic fallout for hospitals. He definitely pandered to big oil interests though giving them the go-ahead for coastal drilling and frac fucking the environment. He signed laws protecting corporations while gutting workers rights and safety. He showed the same disrespect for US security agencies military leadership and intel services. His flaming rhetoric tore civility apart and put many people in physical danger. Hope my answer satisfies your educational needs.

Trump didn't touch your social security and none of that was personal. Please stop with the "botched Covid" nonsense. NOBODY did it right, especially the jackass running our state. Here's what I meant by personal. Biden's policies are costing the average American 20% more to live. Letting inflation run rampant and sitting back watching. I don't Blame Biden for the inflation necessarily but don't sit there and tell us it isn't happening. And he hasn't changed Trump's corporate tax policies has he ? Biden also hasn't removed tariffs on China and Mexico and I'll give him credit for it. One of the things he's done right. Trump's economy was perfectly fine and I don't know how you can say it wasn't. Covid wrecked what we had going. Shutting down the country long term was a bad idea. Personal to me is when it directly affects my wallet and my job among other things I won't get into.

• Like 3
  • Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• paradime

• Mattndew76

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, IZRL said:

Alright...put yourself in our shoes. Who do you vote for? 

Not Biden and NOT Trump. I have no easy answer. The competition for winning is so high than no one votes for what is best for the country. I would not be able to live with myself voting for either. I guess time will tell.

5 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Not Biden and NOT Trump. I have no easy answer. The competition for winning is so high than no one votes for what is best for the country. I would not be able to live with myself voting for either. I guess time will tell.

Well you're Canadian so you'd be illegally voting in an American election at that point... which means you'd be voting for Biden...🤣

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
14 hours ago, IZRL said:

I would vote for RFK if he had any chance at all of winning. But the dems are avoiding him like the plague because he doesn't worship at the radical leftist looney bin. And I'm sure some on the right are on board with RFK over Trump but don't want to gamble with their vote and risk another Biden win. 

RFK had some good things and I was certainly interested, but then the two party system ganged up on him and it was over

• Like 4
On 7/6/2024 at 1:07 PM, Logical1 said:

Is choosing between two puppets making a difference? Seems about as useful as asking what someone's favorite color is...

Is obtaining making a difference? There is no easy answer, I like many things the conservative party supports, I also enjoy the freedom to kill my unwanted babies that the liberals support 🤣 Is it all just an endless seesaw of spin to keep the common folk distracted? Yes.

I keep pounding on this, because it is the only distinction that makes a difference. One party wants to disarm you and one party (at least for now) will not. That is not distraction, because once disarmed either party will be able to enact much more of their respective agendas, crime will skyrocket and those without the funding for private security will be in for a rough ride.

• Sad 1
Just now, frankendat said:

I keep pounding on this, because it is the only distinction that makes a difference. One party wants to disarm you and one party (at least for now) will not. That is not distraction, because once disarmed either party will be able to enact much more of their respective agendas, crime will skyrocket and those without the funding for private security will be in for a rough ride.

RFK is no friend of gun owners. He has restated his stance because it was hurting his campaign. 

https://thegunzone.com/what-is-rfk-jr-ʼs-stance-on-gun-control/

"Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is an advocate for stricter gun control laws, supporting measures such as universal background checks and banning assault weapons. He believes these steps are necessary to reduce gun violence and protect public safety."

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/a-pro-gun-democrat-for-president-rfk-jr-talks-guns-2a/

"During a Twitter Spaces discussion on Monday, presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. made clear his stance on gun control, asserting, “I’m not going to take away anybody’s guns.”

Kennedy, who hopes to unseat Biden in 2024, presented himself as a “constitutional absolutist.” He believes the debate on whether the Second Amendment protects gun ownership is definitively resolved by the Supreme Court."

• Like 2
6 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I vote for what is best for my country. I don't make much money, the Democrats promise to "give" me more e.g. tax breaks, food subsidies, deeply discounted healthcare. I would get more personally under Democratic leadership, but I believe that the Democrats want to destroy the America that I love. I am a god damn patriot. 

8 minutes ago, Dguy210 said:

RFK is no friend of gun owners. He has restated his stance because it was hurting his campaign. 

https://thegunzone.com/what-is-rfk-jr-ʼs-stance-on-gun-control/

"Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is an advocate for stricter gun control laws, supporting measures such as universal background checks and banning assault weapons. He believes these steps are necessary to reduce gun violence and protect public safety."

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/a-pro-gun-democrat-for-president-rfk-jr-talks-guns-2a/

"During a Twitter Spaces discussion on Monday, presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. made clear his stance on gun control, asserting, “I’m not going to take away anybody’s guns.”

Kennedy, who hopes to unseat Biden in 2024, presented himself as a “constitutional absolutist.” He believes the debate on whether the Second Amendment protects gun ownership is definitively resolved by the Supreme Court."

Which is why I had him on "will see" status. RFK was interviewed and swore up and down that he would take not action, sign no bills, etc. in furtherance of gun control, but he is the definition of a blue blood. I thought he might be doing a "Trump". It is doubtful Trump even owns a gun, but he backs the NRA because they back him.

Edited by frankendat
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, frankendat said:

RFK had some good things and I was certainly interested, but then the two party system ganged up on him and it was over

I liked him also until I learned about some of the things he really doesn't want to talk about. He's got some ideas that are full on liberal nut. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Forgot to say that not voting is not an option. Not gonna give you the easy out. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, frankendat said:

I vote for what is best for my country. I don't make much money, the Democrats promise to "give" me more e.g. tax breaks, food subsidies, deeply discounted healthcare. I would get more personally under Democratic leadership, but I believe that the Democrats want to destroy the America that I love. I am a god damn patriot. 

Which is why I had him on "will see" status. RFK was interviewed and swore up and down that he would take not action, sign no bills, etc. in furtherance of gun control, but he is the definition of a blue blood. I thought he might be doing a "Trump". It is doubtful Trump even owns a gun, but he backs the NRA because they back him.

What Democrat wants to give you a tax break ? I'd like to know who it is.

• Like 3
Just now, IZRL said:

Forgot to say that not voting is not an option. Not gonna give you the easy out. 

You might be responding to a guy that's never voted in his life. Good luck getting an answer.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, john510 said:

Trump didn't touch your social security and none of that was personal. Please stop with the "botched Covid" nonsense. NOBODY did it right, especially the jackass running our state. Here's what I meant by personal. Biden's policies are costing the average American 20% more to live. Letting inflation run rampant and sitting back watching. I don't Blame Biden for the inflation necessarily but don't sit there and tell us it isn't happening. And he hasn't changed Trump's corporate tax policies has he ? Biden also hasn't removed tariffs on China and Mexico and I'll give him credit for it. One of the things he's done right. Trump's economy was perfectly fine and I don't know how you can say it wasn't. Covid wrecked what we had going. Shutting down the country long term was a bad idea. Personal to me is when it directly affects my wallet and my job among other things I won't get into.

Trump signed an executive order suspending funding for Social Security. Specifically, allowing employers to defer paying the Social Security payroll tax. It was a move to bankrupt and privatize SSI. 

I worked at a hospital throughout covid, so I won't stop saying 45 f'ed it up a tree, because I experienced it personally.

It's easy for you to forget the mess he left behind, and short sightedly say the economy was better under DT than it is now. NONSENSE. DT inherited a strong economy from BO who restored the housing market, and grew GDP by 2.4%. And that after he dug us out of GBJ's mess. Trump's perfectly fine economy was propped up by 0% prime interest and grew GDP by the same 2.4%. His tax cuts for corporations helped raise the debt by 33.1%, and left the economy in free fall. JB inherited this along with crippled supply chains that f'ed inflation up a tree beyond 9%. I don't understand why you say he let this happen. His admin had to dig us out of that hole and still grew the economy by 2.2% adding 8.8% to the US debt. With higher prime rates, today inflation ls at 3.27% largely driven by uncontrollable corporate profit margins. Namely home and auto insurance more than doubled because of property damage as a result of global warming. And that definitely effects my wallet. I give credit to JB for at least trying to do something about it. On the other hand, Trump says it's all a big hoax played by liberals, so save corporate oil profits and drill baby drill. My 510 surely demonstrates my LOVE for the ICE experience. But from a purely practical standpoint, the best experience my wallet ever had was transitioning to an EV for our daily. 

Edited by paradime
25 minutes ago, paradime said:

Trump signed an executive order suspending funding for Social Security. Specifically, allowing employers to defer paying the Social Security payroll tax. It was a move to bankrupt and privatize SSI.

Fake News! Here is the quote from Trump that the Biden campaign is trying to twist the meaning of.

Bold emphasis mine

"Trump: So first of all, there is a lot you can do in terms of entitlements in terms of cutting and in terms of also the theft and the bad management of entitlements, tremendous bad management of entitlements. There’s tremendous amounts of things and numbers of things you can do. So I don’t necessarily agree with the statement. I know that they’re going to end up weakening Social Security because the country is weak."

“There’s so many things we can do,” Trump said. “There’s so much cutting and so much waste in so many other areas, but I’ll never do anything to hurt Social Security.”

https://www.factcheck.org/2024/03/trumps-comments-about-cutting-entitlements-in-context/

Do you not agree that SS money has been siphoned off and never paid back?

Don't you think there could be better way's to handle SS and to prevent money from being stolen?

Edited by Ooph!
  • Like 3
47 minutes ago, paradime said:

I worked at a hospital throughout covid, so I won't stop saying 45 f'ed it up a tree, because I experienced it personally.

I will agree that Trump F'd it up he allowed Fauci the media and the bureaucracy to control the narrative, shut the country down and restrict our rights for a disease that Sweden proved we could handle without any of that malarky.

When Fauci said I am science and follow the science what he really meant to say was do what I say and keep your mouth shut.

47 minutes ago, paradime said:

It's easy for you to forget the mess he left behind, and short sightedly say the economy was better under DT than it is now. NONSENSE. DT inherited a strong economy from BO who restored the housing market, and grew GDP by 2.4%. And that after he dug us out of GBJ's mess. Trump's perfectly fine economy was propped up by 0% prime interest and grew GDP by the same 2.4%. His tax cuts for corporations helped raise the debt by 33.1%, and left the economy in free fall. JB inherited this along with crippled supply chains that f'ed inflation up a tree beyond 9%. I don't understand why you say he let this happen. His admin had to dig us out of that hole and still grew the economy by 2.2% adding 8.8% to the US debt. With higher prime rates, today inflation ls at 3.27% largely driven by uncontrollable corporate profit margins. Namely home and auto insurance more than doubled because of property damage as a result of global warming. And that definitely effects my wallet. I give credit to JB for at least trying to do something about it. On the other hand, Trump says it's all a big hoax played by liberals, so save corporate oil profits and drill baby drill. My 510 surely demonstrates my LOVE for the ICE experience. But from a purely practical standpoint, the best experience my wallet ever had was transitioning to an EV for our daily. 

Here is a comparison of the expenditures. Read how much is thought to have been pissed away to fraud.

"the total fraud in all Covid relief funds amounts to a mind-boggling sum of taxpayer money that could rival the $579 billion in federal funds included in President Joe Biden’s massive 10-year infrastructure spending plan"

COVID Paper Fig 1_v1_10282020.png

https://www.crfb.org/papers/cost-trump-and-biden-covid-response-plans

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/biggest-fraud-generation-looting-covid-relief-program-known-ppp-n1279664

Edited by Ooph!
  • Like 3
53 minutes ago, paradime said:

You worked at a hospital in California. Since when has Trump had authority or decision making power on anything related to California ?  Maybe Gavin Newsom fucked it up ? I don't even blame him other than his hypocrisy with how he treated some businesses vs. others.  Name somebody that handled Covid well and knew what the right thing to do was. Never mind Trump. No blame for Fauci, Dr. Birx, the WHO or any other of the experts ? More people died under Biden's watch with a vaccine than under Trump's watch. Care to elaborate on how bad Biden fucked that up ? I don't even think Biden fucked it up. But you blame Trump. Too funny. What did Biden do to curb inflation ? continued spending what we didn't have. He waited too long to react. Great job, inflation is at 3.27% after the price of just about everything went up 20%. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Ooph! said:

Fake News! Here is the quote from Trump that the Biden campaign is trying to twist the meaning of.

Bold emphasis mine

"Trump: So first of all, there is a lot you can do in terms of entitlements in terms of cutting and in terms of also the theft and the bad management of entitlements, tremendous bad management of entitlements. There’s tremendous amounts of things and numbers of things you can do. So I don’t necessarily agree with the statement. I know that they’re going to end up weakening Social Security because the country is weak."

“There’s so many things we can do,” Trump said. “There’s so much cutting and so much waste in so many other areas, but I’ll never do anything to hurt Social Security.”

https://www.factcheck.org/2024/03/trumps-comments-about-cutting-entitlements-in-context/

Do you not agree that SS money has been siphoned off and never paid back?

Don't you think there could be better way's to handle SS and to prevent money from being stolen?

"We'll pay it back later" always seems to be the reply when these people are questioned

about it,but they never do.

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Ooph! said:

I will agree that Trump F'd it up he allowed Fauci the media and the bureaucracy to control the narrative, shut the country down and restrict our rights for a disease that Sweden proved we could handle without any of that malarky.

When Fauci said I am science and follow the science what he really meant to say was do what I say and keep your mouth shut.

Here is a comparison of the expenditures. Read how much is thought to have been pissed away to fraud.

"the total fraud in all Covid relief funds amounts to a mind-boggling sum of taxpayer money that could rival the $579 billion in federal funds included in President Joe Biden’s massive 10-year infrastructure spending plan"

COVID Paper Fig 1_v1_10282020.png

https://www.crfb.org/papers/cost-trump-and-biden-covid-response-plans

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/biggest-fraud-generation-looting-covid-relief-program-known-ppp-n1279664

Great charts and graphs but I'm pretty sure we are still paying for Bush Sr shit. Bidens debt won't kick in until after Clinton, the other Bush, Obama, Trump and well the blame game continues. Anyone want to go to Mars?

5 hours ago, john510 said:

What Democrat wants to give you a tax break ? I'd like to know who it is.

Democrats increase social spending to aide those that make below specific thresholds. It is not a tax break, it is a break that I use to pay my property taxes, which exceeded my mortgage payment a while back. The Republicans AND the Democrats want to take my house, because "They" decided I do not make enough to live here. I bitch about this often, same house, same mortgage, same everything, but now because rich people want it, the house has 10x in "value" (quotes because same house)the new tax payment is based on the "new" value. But three cheers for bipartisanship! There is complete agreement that I shouldn't be able to live here. The Republicans think my house should be bulldozed and rich multi story condos replace it. The Democrats want it bulldozed and made into some type of shelter or community support center. I want to be left alone, don't want to sell, don't want to move, have no idea where I would go. And, I didn't plan on moving and can, for now, afford to stay, but the assessment went up another 50k this year and nothing seems to stop it from going up--we'll see.

The condo project directly behind my house broke ground this week. The neighborhood has no where close to the street space to accommodate the coming influx of cars. As soon as my neighborhoods becomes a bottleneck, parking nightmare like so many of the old neighborhoods (the streets are not wide enough for two-way traffic) Maybe property values (taxes) will go down.

• Sad 1