You're my boy, Blue '71 521 - KSwap

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mrbigtanker said:

Well holy shit I did not know that. that is actually really cool. Tell him next time do a better job with the beds on the 521.lol

Read up on the "chicken tax" if you want to know why the beds don't match very well. It's also why we never got cool trucks like the 1200 Ute among others. 

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

Apparently imgur has decided to remove everyone's pictures who didn't have an account - so at some point this thread is going to get ratfucked and I'll have to come back and update the images. I have all the originals but putting it back 'in order' would've been a pain I saved everything out in # order of posted and will deal with it once it happens. 

In the meantime lets try a new host and an update - the build thread last left off with dropping the Ford 8.8 off to get the heavy lifting done. Lots of stuff has been goin on but I haven't heard from them since mid Feb, so I followed up last week to see if the custom axels came in or if I owed money etc.

I got contacted this past Monday and told that the rotors for an 2003 Explorer weren't going to work and that they had to do some research on what needs to be done - but that the rest of it is ready to go. So I got the shop in touch with my bro and they figured out that the rear end was from a 2001 explorer - so slightly different rotors BUT they'd already paid for and milled the 2003 rotors. Eh no biggie, swung down and picked it up and she's back together.

H8F9Vl2.jpg

Still needs the breather for the diff put in and put new pads on it -  but that's easy peasy. We can now get the rear end on this fucker and get her back to a rolling chassis this summer. 

One thing that did kick my dick in the dirt though - I did have the 2001 (and 2003 🙄) rotors redrilled to 6x139.7  and there was a bit of miscommunication and looks like lazyness TBH. 

H8F9WSS.jpg

I wanted BLANKS redrilled to 6x139.7. Now I've got 2 sets - one set that isn't going to work (2003s), and this set (pictured above) which is a bit janky IMO and the fact of whoever milled them did it with the holes lining up like that makes me wanna

slap.gif

someone. 

Should work for mock-up and getting a rolling chassis but I ended up paying twice for something that isn't what I wanted. Not terrible, not the worst thing, but a bit frustrating. It's good enough to get us moving forward and it's an 'easy' fix to remedy. 

Anywho - One thing that's been bugging me about this place is the lack of covered parking but the way that shit's going - it makes more sense to invest in this property for the next 5-10 years before using the equity to get a better place. More equity in = more $ out in the end. So I've been talking with some concrete peels about putting a driveway pad in - but not only that I'm looking at having one of those metal garage buildings installed. Get some power out there, get the cars inside, get projects moving, so this may be one big old super shuffle in the end but

Inspire Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Some of you might remember this picture from my the green truck build of the 5.5" led foglights I bought to run as a high-beam

H8AZkl9.jpg

I used the laminx sticker that goes over them and the color was good - but it made them too 'thick' and it never settled right on the curvature of the lamp so I pulled that shit off and cleaned them good before hitting one of them with these

H8AZSHu.md.jpg

6-7 light coats later followed by 2 coats of clear and they look perfect 👌

H8AZvSe.md.jpg

These are glass sensed so they have that nice amber tint to them. Then slapped a sticker I had made for it

H8AZUAb.md.jpg

Came out better than the mockups of the truck I made:

H8AZeK7.jpg

• Like 6

More bad decisions lol

HUfvlcu.jpg

Because who doesn't like parts from japan?

HUfvcFe.jpg

Also because I didn't have a set of Interceptors, and now I do. Specifically SSR Interceptor IIs

May be dicked on adding a garage to this property so might as well reorganize the man shed to make room for more wheels 🤷‍♂️

HUfvYP9.jpg

• Like 6