You're my boy, Blue '71 521 - KSwap

Vin plate came in today, and it's 
9okht9K.gif

jcbxhK3.jpg

Also grabbed a set of T3 door pulls.

Hv9qm7t.jpg

I like the 520 metal door handles, but every time I try and turn my wheel in the green truck I would end up smacking the shit out of my elbows on the plastic ones, so I had to go with something low profile in both. 

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 5
  • Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

I'm retarded and left out the "smooth" part for the '520 metal dash".

I like the look of a paint matched dash and will toy with that vs the black 'wrinkle' 521 dashes - when it comes time to do paint and bodywork on Ole Blue. 

I am looking for a 520 metal dash top, but haven't sourced one yet. That would likely go in the other green 521 as it has a plastic dash cap that has a a couple cracks in it.  Ole Blue here is getting a flocked or alcantara covered dash and I'd hate to waste it on a metal top.

Should come out lookin somethin like this one it gets addressed:
maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Still playin the waiting game, so I might as well as pick up some randomness that will eventually find it's place on this lil truck.

Picked up a re-pop bluebird badge that will eventually adorn the grille

Jbx2GiL.jpg

Then I saw something online and thought to myself why not you wheel

giphy.gif

and picked up another set of rims. This time some Enkei Apache8 (Blowins) from the early 80's in 15"

oPLNlyq.jpg

Likely get the love20bee treatment. As it is I decided to pick up a new 'industrial' rack and reorganized  into a parts shelf. 

L7H112P.jpg

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, BrothersGarage said:

Still playin the waiting game, so I might as well as pick up some randomness that will eventually find it's place on this lil truck.

Picked up a re-pop bluebird badge that will eventually adorn the grille

Jbx2GiL.jpg

Then I saw something online and thought to myself why not you wheel

giphy.gif

and picked up another set of rims. This time some Enkei Apache8 (Blowins) from the early 80's in 15"

oPLNlyq.jpg

Likely get the love20bee treatment. As it is I decided to pick up a new 'industrial' rack and reorganized  into a parts shelf. 

L7H112P.jpg

Dude trust me restore them yourself, get the lips polished and do what you want with the centers. Not worth the time and agony to ship back and forth. Cerakote them, check prices you will be surprised.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, mrbigtanker said:

Dude trust me restore them yourself, get the lips polished and do what you want with the centers. Not worth the time and agony to ship back and forth. Cerakote them, check prices you will be surprised.

I can have them split and just order some barrels if I wanna change them up, not a huge stress, just thinking of extending the barrels 1.5" a piece to be 15x10 instead of 15x8.5. Not sure what color the centers will go, might get them a polished color or as you said cerakote them. Haven't quite landed on an accent color yet, but it's a bit of a ways off right now. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, d.p said:

I would kill for some 6 lug mesh wheels.  What the story with those on your shelf other than they look terribly too wide.  

Charlie69 has a set of Isuzu Trooper mesh wheels for sale right now I think.  You could PM him.  I think Infiniti QX4s came with  factory mesh wheel too.  Not sure if either of those hits your sweet spot though.

4 hours ago, Lockleaf said:

Charlie69 has a set of Isuzu Trooper mesh wheels for sale right now I think.  You could PM him.  I think Infiniti QX4s came with  factory mesh wheel too.  Not sure if either of those hits your sweet spot though.

Thanks but no they don’t. Really looking for something JDM with a lip. 

12 hours ago, d.p said:

I would kill for some 6 lug mesh wheels.  What the story with those on your shelf other than they look terribly too wide.  

Those are 15"x10" mesh mags, and unfortunately they don't have any markings on the inside. On the previous page - Page 6 there's some other angles of them that show how fat the lips are on them. At some point I'm going to hit them with the ole polishing wheel. 

I traded a set of 14"x8" Keystone Mesh for them, and I know Appliance wheels made mesh 6x139 wheels as well. If you want more meshie greatness, I know Epislon made some 5 lugs, and I am pretty sure SSR did as well, but then you're swappin out your shit. 

• 1 month later...

Excited to have 'prgress'. Dan from @mayhemandmechancis swung by the other day to get precise measurements for the engine harness and figuring out where the majority of the sensors are goign to live (on the rwd kmiata intake / headers my bro made ect) and Beebani shot me an insta message that the UCAs and coilover mounts were on the way. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, chukar said:

Nice!  I'll be curious on how the install goes.  Do you follow Bluehandsvideo on Instagram?  Mike is coming out with some modified control arms and coilovers too that are supposed to keep the track width close to spec. 

I'll be happy to have everything to proceed to wrapping up the suspension lol, but realistically I'm aiming to go coilovers + disk brakes + be able to run 15"s so this should be sufficient. That said, I am super excited to see what Mike rolls out. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Lookin at all the cool stuff lonelydriver has been working on and people postin their engine bays on insta got me thinking, so I mocked somethin in the photoshop. Liked the rough idea so I decided to snag up some parts for when the engine finally comes together. I ordered the black billet dipstick and black billet coil pack cover. Once I have the font and overall design 100% then I'll just get it laser etched.

Photoshop mock. 

YNsIxxG.jpg

I have the design already vectorized just going to nail down a font closer to Kameari style like this:

31982380026_large.jpg.e112da640e57457d66

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, mrbigtanker said:

I like the fact you like to create, sometimes though its not worth it. So I just seem something like this just a few days ago and it looked terrible in real life. Just my 4 cents. 

Awwww. whomp whomp. Guess I'll have to let the ole coffee bean rattle around in the tin can for a while and see if it can't come up with something then. Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1
  • BrothersGarage changed the title to You're my boy, Blue '71 521 - KSwap