My introduction

r33pickup

Hello all! My name is nick and im obviously new to this forum. I must say i am rather excited to be on here and get to talk to other Datsun pickup fanatics! I have been waiting to find a forum like this for a long time. As for the truck, I have a 1971 PL521 that has become a drag truck. It has a Nissan Skyline RB25det swapped into it and a good deal of other stuff, most of which you can see in the pics.

706389_23_full.jpg

706389_20_full.jpg

706389_33_full.jpg?534519-261

706389_34_full.jpg?534519-261

706389_28_full.jpg

706389_35_full.jpg?534519-261

:D

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for all the compliments guys! you have no idea how happy i am to have found this forum. no other forum would notice the fact that we left the cargo hooks on there. we never wanted to, its just so 70s compact pickup! i think it would have lost part of its soul if we had done that. more pics should be up soon, but all of the pics of the truck are on cardomain and its currently down for maintenance. As for what it runs, this september we dipped into the low tens and routinely run 10.3-10.6 depending on the track. as for it's story, i think ill start another thread for that. as for a video...i think i can accommodate that..

That one was from a long time ago back when the truck was in indiana. it was a grudge race against a 351 powered ranger.

This one was from Pinks All Out tucson, its a lot more recent.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome!! Awesome chop! I love "mailslots"!!

Arizona, ehhhhh??? I'm on the "West Coast" in Bullhead and there are a few other folks in AZ on here. Coming this way sometime in the future? Let Me know. By the way, Bob Hase is trying to get the Parker run back again in April, so maybe it's not too late for river vacation plans!! I as well as a few other SWDP guys should be there. Take care, Mike

hahaha ya that chop was what started it all! and thanks for the warm welcome! is that your 620 in your avatar?

Ya that is my 620 I love the 620s I have 3, I am currently redoing the chopped 620. I rescued it a few years ago from the Bay area in cali. It had been sitting in the guys carport since 86.. But it is running and going again i just heed to redo all the paint and some body work,,,, I am dropping some pics of the chop top what it was like in 1981, when it was featured in a magazine and again in 86 with a new owner and different flames....and then I came across it....So I hope to have it all shinny and new real soon...

chop2.jpg

PMT20038520pg2059.jpg

zER9qepkIfXRI1WUvVoRWDs42uVo.jpg

7uJTE6O5G09Qz0jhdgLK0IUBsHsD.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

SummerSlam004.jpg

Varmint8.jpg

The blue one is mine and so is the burgany one. I also included some pics of a 521 drag truck from up here in washington,,,

Oops I should have checked on the resize on all my photos,,,

If you do have a free day or something since your Arizona. You should meet up with Mike (steroid) he is the guru of Datsuns. Who knows all and has seen all. He found all the old articals about my chop top and sent me copies of them. He is a true to the word Datsun lover...I feel you guys would have a endless conversation about trucks and so on. He had a big featured article in Mini Truckin magazine a while back that spoke of his love for the classic trucks and all he has accomplished. So hit him up, if your ever in Bullhead City I am sure he would welcome you. I do look forward to meeting him in person someday....

• 3 months later...