BrothersGarage

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

giphy.gif

wrapped them with the plastic and let them sit for an hour. I have enough to hit them one more time and I am going to because why the fuck not?

jiANFqU.jpg

this appears to be the only issue with them is one of them has a slight curb on the face:

SnwuEMV.jpg

basically clear coat left and a little sanding on that edge. paint was ordered today. 

• Like 3

Started following this. I was scanning through it and didn't see any final answer on the front suspension.  Looking forward to a few more pics on it.  It doesn't look like the LCA has been shortened, so I'm curious about how the wheels/tires are still inside the fender.  Do the rims have a FWD offset?

• Like 1

Once it comes time to swap the rims I will snag some more pics for you guys. 

Edit - started sanding and cleaning the rims up for polishing  / paint

GBi9YHy.jpg

any any progress is progress so here's the windshield wiper knob replacing the aftermarket one that got installed yesterday

GrdNQIR.jpg

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 2

Another weekend, another road-trip, another 521 added to the collection!

I was keeping an eye on offerup and noticed someone list a datsun drift truck and arranged to meet up with him. Noah ended up being an awesome guy and after a little chatting he let Bro and I snag this awesome little rig.

XrtfTah.jpg

With help with Noah, and his family we rolled the truck up onto the car dolly - even managed to get my little Niece helping load everything up

PZX9CVB.jpg

Full bed loaded up!

vFm9IL7.jpg

Once we got back to my place we got the truck unloaded I took the chance to look at what the panels looked like on the truck

5CmiwBs.jpg

Got the doors mounted tonight. I know you guys want to see the floors:

y0QTstI.jpg

In the bucket of parts the rest of the trans tunnel parts are there if I want to go "back to stock".   Noah was awesome and bagged all the bolts and labeled them. 

cgRCDv0.jpg

Pulling out some of the spare parts to swap with the green 521. Dash has the radio delete plate which is awesome, and the headlight trim is fantastic.

sM89vUS.jpg

Datsun 620 steering wheel + column and a fantastic front bumper and the MINT bench seat. 

g6LH9rE.jpg

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 9

Got a pressure washer this week and gave the full fleet a wash down - the latest truck got good and slapped a sticker on it. 

EUufH29.jpg

Got a lead on a good bed for it and Bro let me steal one of his spare vintage plates to toss on this little truck when I get it registered and it's been a good while since this plate's seen the road:

QuEmiRG.jpg

• Like 4

Back to work on the green truck tonight. Bro cleaned up the bottoms of the MK2 drivers seat

UkYBv0B.jpg

grinding up the brackets

g31EKw4.jpg

and doing some test fitting

7dCEktB.jpg

And seat tab mockup

8vKlLZa.jpg

bolting up to check how they fit in the truck

1Jjv35S.jpg

test fit before tacking into place

xfjzGmG.jpg

Bro busting the new tabs out on his new welder while i try and stay out of the way and hold the fabric away to keep this shit from melting

Jjp6I7W.jpg

let that shit cool for a bit and then put the bottom seat back into place

plzkSCG.jpg

all tucked up

8tuyCPY.jpg

Brackets on son! Time to go after the floor boards, and go pick up some hardware / put the factory plastics back on the seats and roll her!

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 3
9 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

Nice work on the seat brackets!  Curious as to what you will be supporting with those thin little brackets?  LOL

My fat ass 😄  

The new tabs added are thicker than the stock material and bolted though to the slotted aluminum seat brackets. Super over engineered for the daily driving that this truck will see and the most likely fail point will be the rusted-ass floor 😄 

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 2

More work done on the Green truck today. Had to modify the drivers seat bracket to get more room around the transmission tunnel (you can see on the top left here). With that done my Bro started scribing out where we drilled the brackets out for the new hardware.

Bw6kgoX.jpg

Once we got those done we placed the seats in the truck and used a sharpie to mark where it sat on the floor. Drilled out new holes in the truck, and then sprayed down the interior so it the new holes won't rust. The new mk2 Recaros sit a little lower than the back window:

yCB6pIr.jpg

Swapped out the factory lap belts for these auto-retracting lap belts from eBay, and they are awesome

iIhR9PI.jpg

Since the Green truck runs I did a bunch of car swapping between my place and Bros and finally brought her back home! 

T08yAnQ.jpg

zxQ04ec.jpg

• Like 3

Another weekend, another road trip. It was crap weather today when we got to Ted's place to grab the new bed for the blue truck. He was nice enough to let us drive around the back of his place to get it

bH21K0r.jpg

Ted kept the tailgate and the gas tank and helped my Bro and I get her lifted up into the truck before we hit the road:

G12utZF.jpg

2 hours later and we got back to the area before swinging by Bros place to grab his portaband.

XuBsq85.jpg

Made super fast work of the original hardware that was still holding on the remnants of the original bed

UEakMqn.jpg

With that we got the new bed lifted into place on the blue truck

lNUEVPn.jpg

Something strange though, is the bed mounts on the frame are super tall on the blue truck:

3dO1cBv.jpg

as opposed to the green one

J98LNBM.jpg

Not anything that can't be solved by cutting them down and reattaching though. 

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 2