BrothersGarage

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

You can actually clock the odometer fairly easy.... I reset mine to zero after I rebuild my truck and engine.... I figured everything was new so I should start at zero with it's new life.....

That is how I usually do it.  I ran across the one in the picture above on ebay and it ended up costing me more than I originally paid for my 520!  The second one was a little cheaper.  Everything on my 520 is new or remanufactured so I thought I might as well through another handful of cash in the money pit.  It was a hobby now it is a hoard!!!  LOL

• Like 1
12 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Always assume an attempt at being funny. If you can find a way to turn the mileage back on your wife I'd like to try this on mine. Haha

I'm a little slow..... that's much funnier and I get it now......

For some reason I just saw clock your wife, and I'm thinking hit my wife....

I was thinking good luck with that.....

Back to datsun stuff.....

• Like 1
On 10/31/2019 at 3:23 AM, Crashtd420 said:

I'm a little slow..... that's much funnier and I get it now......

For some reason I just saw clock your wife, and I'm thinking hit my wife....

I was thinking good luck with that.....

Back to datsun stuff.....

LOL.....I took it as "hit" as well.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 1 month later...

Snaggin more parts. Grabbed a Lonely Driver Cup holder for 240z to see if I can't do something with it as well as got a replacement bezel for the headlights currently on the truck:

aIZjWuA.jpg

But I like the look of the 68-69 better so I managed to track down a set thanks to fuckin' ted again

t8cQyrS.jpg

to swap out with the 68-69 grille that came with ol' blue:

2nqo4e3.jpg

Parts will likely go on when we see nice weather and it doesn't feel like 12º 

Edit: Mail call, I got some seat badges that I may go with instead of the Recaro ones I got, but I rather have them than not, so into the parts bin they go

OjjxeqG.jpg

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 4
  • 2 months later...

Started de-winterizing her by driving around the block and everything is good. Went to drive 20ish minutes away to get parts for ole Blue and she's developed n overheating issue so I limped back home and will have to take a look this weekend. Boo. 

Lots of progress on the Honda K24 swap on ole Blue though: 

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Not much progress besides just enjoying driving her and working on Ole Blue, but i managed to track down another passenger side rear. Needs a bit of work but since we are all stuck in side it might just be the next project. 

ETMjiuv.jpg

The back up light is pretty much toast, but I have a spare and they are starting to get remade now. The buckets are perfect!

r8Ujr6P.jpg

The main lens has a good crack though it but even that is easy to fix. I got the full harness with it and the frame is perfectly straight all be it a little rusty. So a bit of cleanup and we should be under way soon

pEINNG2.jpg

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 2