Tribute to Dave (pumpkin210)

izzo

Hello Ratsuners...

It's been quite some time since I've posted or been active here.    Still been in the datsun game. 

Anyways.  Am blessed with the honor of getting Dave's infamous 210.    The drive train has been swapped out to 200sx.  Including the engine/transmission.  Rocking the 2.2 motor from the 200sx. The fuel injection stuff is gone.  But it will be running a weber 32/36 for now.  Later down the road some side drafts would be sweet.  For now the goal is to go over the brakes, hoses, bearings.  Drop the fuel tank and clean it. Replace any hoses while it's out.   Get the it running and driving. Going to leave it mostly as is like Dave had it.  And just drive and enjoy it.  I will be taking it to car shows like Canby and such so other people can see it and remember him also.  Paint scheme will remain the same.

Only thing I'm planning on changing, is putting a dashboard back in it.  Maybe swapping out the wiring harness, and then seats.

The intake and carbs he had on it were stolen. The hood is gone, too.  Also the rear seat is missing, along with the slotted mags.

If anyone has the following to donate to the cause, that would be cool!

Slotted mags for it

Rear seat

Door panels

Weber carb

Front seats

FB_IMG_1541302237517.jpg
FB_IMG_1541302231051.jpg
FB_IMG_1541301901419.jpg
FB_IMG_1541301893545.jpg

• Like 8
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I so wanted this, but do not have any more space. Good on you for taking it on and thanks for posting here :)

There is a fastback in the local yard, I can't remember if it had a hood or really what was left on it. I can go take a look again. 

• 5 months later...

^^^

Update.  Picked up the car about a month back.  Have got the engine out of the car.  Have cleaned out the inside (read swept, not scrubbed).

Got the tie rods figured out.  Need to figure out tension rod yet and some other bits.  But so far, looking like it will line up and come together.  Some people have generously donated parts to help get it on the road.

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I think of pumpkin dave as one of the original ratsun prophets. I love clean nice painted and restored cars as much as any car nut.. but there was something about how edgy and fun datsuns were when you left them a little rough and put your own flavor into them. The first year I went to canby (2010) I felt apart of something camping in what some people would call "the ratsun side of the fairgrounds". dave was an integral part of the experience and I will never forget watching him riding a datsun hood pulled by a 620 as a sled... He was an amazing soul and his crazy whimsical ratsun builds had a soul of their own as well... He lives on in the spirit of this forum I can't think of anyone that embodied "ratsun" more. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Dave did me a favor, a debt that I was unable to repay. I guess I thought that there was lots of time, that we would all live forever. I was there in '10 and remember the hood surfing and later the ass pennies. $50 worth of pennies paving the fairgrounds roads. 

• Like 1