INSMNCS: will the real insomniacs please stand up?

Just like the English look down their noses at our Lipton tea (and rightfully so) Mediterranean countries poo poo our test in coffee. It's true dark roast slightly reduces the caffeine, but controlling the amount of caffeine is not what the French/Italian espresso process is about. Very low caffeine though, not by a long shot. Have a double espresso at Cafe Trieste and you won't need an enema.

In Europe, they like their coffee dark and strong, but to control the amount of caffeine and acidity they might dilute it with water or milk at night. In fact, you can't even get a "light roast" coffee there. That again is an American invention, and to be honest I like light better than dark from a French Press, which BTW is about as "French" as the dressing, fries, manicure, kiss, etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, paradime said:

There are plenty of romantic ways of rationalizing our addiction to caffeine, coffee tea or otherwise. It may have taken a while for a European level of sophistication in those rationals, but now it's here, don't wager anything on believing it's a passing fade. Flat out, there is a difference in taste between shitty coffee and good, but all too often price has NOTHING to do with it. Starbucks is case in point. Dark Roast, vs Mild Roast is a matter of taste though, and yes shitty coffee is often hidden behind over roasting, but I can assure you, a high quality dark roast coffee like a double espresso at Cafe Triest in North Beach, or Blue Bottle South of Market is F'n orgasmic. But you'd have to enter the belly of the beast to get it, so...

Interesting,i've had great coffee before but i've never been able to achieve an orgasm from it.What's the secret ?😄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
16 hours ago, paradime said:

There are plenty of romantic ways of rationalizing our addiction to caffeine, coffee tea or otherwise. 

I plain go for a coffee when I want a temporary kickstart to my day,other than that there's not a lot of romance for me with coffee.

Specially not shoving it up your clacker. 

Kinky fuckers.

• Like 2

I was told to only eat 3 or 4 but I'm made o stronger stuff and ate the entire packet. Like a heaping handful, about as much as I put in my press. Felt more like an espresso but not as immediate. Forgot to check my stools for nuggets though....  

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Forgot to check my stools for nuggets though....  

Mikey's Coco Nibs? Hell they get $35 an oz for that monkey shit stuff. Maybe you can sell it back to the Indonesians. 

• Haha 1
58 minutes ago, paradime said:

Mikey's Coco Nibs? Hell they get $35 an oz for that monkey shit stuff. Maybe you can sell it back to the Indonesians. 

Fuck that 'shit', I'd recycle it through my press.

• Haha 1