INSMNCS: will the real insomniacs please stand up?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

I hear ya,, this was our front yard a week ago,, came in fast too... Busted a shit load of trees because it came down so hard

L0Fu5p3.jpg

Yeah same, lost power for most of the day, my mom went to my uncle's house this morning, he got lucky his are didn't lose power for very long, she won't have power at her place for another week, lost it Sunday evening, chaos everywhere, my brother in Roseburg still has no power, he too lost it Sunday evening.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, KoHeartsGPA said:

Yeah same, lost power for most of the day, my mom went to my uncle's house this morning, he got lucky his are didn't lose power for very long, she won't have power at her place for another week, lost it Sunday evening, chaos everywhere, my brother in Roseburg still has no power, he too lost it Sunday evening.

The good thing was walked  out to road about 9-10pm and it was so quiet,,, kinda rejuvenating to be honest.

After the ice storm 10 or so years ago( power was out for a week)  the power company out up more breakers in lines ,,, and we live in the middle of two... So if tree goes down on either end of road they hit breaker and power comes from other direction . So it goes out but usually no more than 3 hours now

• Like 2

It's been snowing here for the last 4 hours. Snow from Monday is still kicking around.

Snow in western oregon is not like canada. After an inch of snow, everyone starts driving directly into eachother. After two inches, city shuts down. 5+ inches, state of emergency. 

With this much snow, it's a matter of time before people start eating eachother.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Yesterday I left about 5pm after digging my datto out of the snow and as I drove to our yard in Coburg (6 miles from my house) it was already snowing again, had to dig my windshield on the big rig out lol, left about 5:45 to Portland, wasn't too bad, took a while to get unloaded in Clackamas, left the Fred Meyer DC at 1:00am, icy as fuck, barely was able to get to Portland Bottleling and was an interesting battle to get my trailer into their tight dock with everything frozen, got loaded and left about 2:00am, it was a cluster fuck of ice and spun out cars all the way to Salem, then it started snowing hard and had fluffy 27° snow all the way to Coburg where I started, this is how it looked when I pulled in...

IMG_20190227_042805.jpg

My datto covered in snow again lol

IMG_20190227_042824.jpg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Well.......

..... it IS facebook... and by knowing this, you must have been there?

Enj9XeV.gif

I go where the parts are.. and unfortunately where the parts are there are also a bunch of dummies. So many facepalms though.. it's unreal.

I held out for a loooong time. Now I just do parts. No friends, no drama. Parts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 2/26/2019 at 8:55 PM, Draker said:

It's been snowing here for the last 4 hours. Snow from Monday is still kicking around.

Snow in western oregon is not like canada. After an inch of snow, everyone starts driving directly into eachother. After two inches, city shuts down. 5+ inches, state of emergency. 

With this much snow, it's a matter of time before people start eating eachother.

69-75 degrees while sunny mostly last few days for me.

Edited by I'm BLUE

Well I'm not closing Insomniacs because Paradime would be offended and I can't have this here either because Paradim would be offended with the P word. Or is it triggered now??? I would say start a separate thread but then I would be too slow closing it and someone would be offended for two reasons. So.... maybe you could just make it go away?

sig_sp2022_hannibal-trigger_galloway-pre

4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Well I'm not closing Insomniacs because Paradime would be offended and I can't have this here either because Paradime would be offended with the P word. Or is it triggered now??? I would say start a separate thread but then I would be too slow closing it and someone would be offended for two reasons. So.... maybe you could just make it go away?

47193318992_7cb7fd7541_b.jpg

Or instead of gaslighting anyone who calls you on your stale ass shit, you could just enforce YOUR damn rules Mike. But if we're lowering the threshold, I'd be more than happy to push back against angliag's Cali-phobic political posts. You make the call sparky.

Edited by paradime
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3