riding slammed, webered, and enkie'd

b210in

well i have been wrenching on my little beater and here are the results:

the stock carburator is now gone. in its place is a weber like carb "motorcraft" that i pulled from a 75 mercury capri, that came stock with it. i bought a new adapter and made a throttle bracket out of old carb parts. man what a difference a carb makes. it pulls really hard now in the first two gears. a major dramatic improvement. if you have a stock bee, with the stock carb it kind of takes a little long to reach the redline, it feels like the engine is bogged down, the weber totally changes the first and second gear feel, if feels like it pulls faster and harder. i also had a k and n filter left over from a vw sciorroco and some roofing tin to make a box. i mounted the box on the old base of the weber carb and here are the results.

it looks a little ghetto but it works, i will be routing some cold air soon.

100_5537.jpg

100_5536.jpg

some deep dish love for your baby! the iconic box of cigarettes shot.

100_5538.jpg

100_5539.jpg

I also spent a lot of time lowerin the car. i took the third leaf from the stock leaf spring pack and put it on the top facing down, and left the other springs intack. this lowered the rear about three inches. i then started cutting coils in the front one at a time. i ended up lifting the car and cutting coils on the car about three times until i got it to where the pictures are now.

i cleaned up and re painted the (JDM) enkies i found at the junkyard and slapped some 165 45 15 federal formoza's in the front and 195 50 15's in the rear. the 195's are just too big for the front on 15 x 7 inch whee.s

the wheel wells needed a little bit of inner lip trimming to make them fit. but so far so good, no rubbin.

the car's personality has totally changed, this a little loud mean runt. i love it. lowering the car cost nothing, just time and patience.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

denver, there are two small screws holding the air cleaner on the side

bonvo, yah, beater is not the right word now, i actually refer to this car as my little bee. the pictures make the car look really nice, if i showed you guys a picture of the interrior you would probably change your mind. the inside looks like two pitbulls were fighting in there for years.

vgwagon, i will shoot some more cooler pics with my neighbors white 510 later.

great work, i have to lower mine now! i have been considering the webere for a while now. i need one for sure. so bottom leaf out and flipped to the top? is that all it took?

here's the breakdown. the stock leaf pack has four leafs, the longest leaf (the first leaf) is at the top. if you just take the bottom leaf (smallest in length, leaf 4) and flip it over and put it on top, you get about a one inch drop, give or take 1/4 inch.

if you take the just the third leaf (second smallest or leaf three) and flip it over and mount it top of leaf 1, you will get what you see in the pictures. one drawback to this set up is that you will only have about 1 1/2 inches of travel before the bubber bumpstop hits the frame.

this saturday i will be tweaking the leaf spring yet again to see if i can just get another inch in the rear.

it's really that easy.

bucket, with the lowering i have, i was riding around with 195 50 15's on 15 x 6 with 4 inches of backspacing. You flakes are exactly the same size. the front rubbed a little when i would go into some steep driveways. if you guys need some more details let me know.

Edited by b210in
  • 2 weeks later...
BRILLIANT!!! looks really sharp! i was so jealous, i just slammed my 610 on thursday on 15x7 riken meshies cause of this here thread. i really like the look of your 165/45's, nice stretch! mmmmmm, mesheeeeeee:drool:

cheers

wow, you slammed your car on account of my car? cool. i saw your car, very lowwwwww.

Guest jaimesix

Very cool. Looks awesome. I had a B210, and I know B210s rock. Most people have never seen one in shape.

Congratulations!!!:)

A set of non US bumpers is what is needed to complete the picture. Get ADDCCO sway bars, made my B210 ride like a Corvette, incedible cornering power.

I love it. I will get another B210, sometime, mine parted away in unsavory circumstances....B210s are cool!!!!

I agree with Bonvo, beater is no longer applicable, this car is gorgeous.

Jaime.______________________________________________________

such a cool looking car.

and how the hell do you manage to find such nice rims at the junkyard??? lucky bastard.

oh and nice work with the carb and airbox. the box could probly pass for oem with some people (if it wasnt bright red lol)

i had some left over red paint from another project, i was going for a red japanese thing, but oh well. lol the rims didn't look that good when i found them, i re p0lished the outer lips with some flitz, and repainted the centers with black duplicolor and then clear coat.

well i might as well ask here, any of you who live near bakersfield want to tag along for all import drag racing at famoso raceway on dec. 6? i be runnin the bee, and the only the bee is getting home is with a piston through the hood, so she will be run hard.