konig209

D.I.Y. How to ka24de a 521.

one day man one day I will be able to do that. What's up with the drift boy front wheels.
  • Like 1

one day man one day I will be able to do that. What's up with the drift boy front wheels.

I still havnt had the funds to fix my 15x11 ssr that i turned into a taco.
  • Like 2

Are you sure its a 36mm? I cant find one anywhere, it goes 30,32,34,38mm. Also, the ears on the transmission that you recommend cutting off, isn't that there the bolt go for the rubber mount on the trans?

• Like 1

Are the back wheels 15x11 also? What offset? They fit well.

• Like 1

Did you have to create your own clutch hard lines? is that the stock 521 clutch slave?

• Like 1

Use the stock slave and lines. The clutch arm should be in about the same position as the original one. 

The KA slave cylinder is angled and hits the torsion bar (at least on a 620) 

• Like 2

There are a couple different KA slave cylinders. I'm pretty sure they all interchange, but have different bleeder and hose connection locations.

S13 240sx

1243_Nabco_ClutchSlave_FG01-01.jpg

D21 4wd

cs2095_ang.jpg

D21 2wd

ba0728887-1.jpg

In case that's helpful.

• Like 1

Did you have to create your own clutch hard lines? is that the stock 521 clutch slave?

Just use the stock. Worked fine.

• Like 1

Are the back wheels 15x11 also? What offset? They fit well.

15x11 -38 all 4 corners

• Like 1

Ive never had a de but ive changed pick up/pan from front to rear mount in e's,is there a reason you cant go rear to front on a de?

• Like 1

Make sure your MAF is in good condition or it will become a pain in the ass easy to fix by opening it up and soldering the pins ( they often crack there ) specially with Datsun vibrations

It has tons of power ! Love my swap

• Like 1

Carlos,

Mark (Blackmarkit) says, "You will need to clearence you transmission tunnel to get the transmission at the correct angle"

Your initial post says it doesn't need to be clearanced.  

So, which is it? ;)

• Like 1

I didnt cut any. Just got lucky idk i think my cab "may" have bigger cab mounts raising it enough to clear. The reason i say this is because me and my buddy both pulled our torsion bars out.

He tucked a 15x8 wheel on a 195 45 tire. My truck sat about an inch higher than his.

Also updates.

My buddy justin can de-pin and set up the harness to wire in very easy and no need for the can am box.

5 wires and done. Fully tucked too.

Relays and new loom.

Regular loom $300

Mesh loom for cleaner look $350

Harness

34091969636_7cad946228_k.jpg2017-04-18_10-13-36 by Carlos Ortiz, on Flickr

Fully wired in

33299805253_aa82e946b7_k.jpg20170327_174001 by Carlos Ortiz, on Flickr

• Like 4

I didnt cut any. Just got lucky idk i think my cab "may" have bigger cab mounts raising it enough to clear. The reason i say this is because me and my buddy both pulled our torsion bars out.

He tucked a 15x8 wheel on a 195 45 tire. My truck sat about an inch higher than his.

Also updates.

My buddy justin can de-pin and set up the harness to wire in very easy and no need for the can am box.

5 wires and done. Fully tucked too.

Relays and new loom.

Regular loom $300

Mesh loom for cleaner look $350

Harness34091969636_7cad946228_k.jpg2017-04-18_10-13-36 by Carlos Ortiz, on Flickr

Fully wired in33299805253_aa82e946b7_k.jpg20170327_174001 by Carlos Ortiz, on Flickr

A thread should be started for that. At least a classified.

Ask Red-eye about creating a lone thread for this "service."

• Like 3

This is a ka24de swap into a 71 521. In regards to the transmission. IMG_20170418_171037_zpsm8pxvhaw.jpg

This is using a hardbody ka24e transmission and black market mounts. Way shorter than the 240sx trans. So you can keep your bench seat...

More tranny comparison here: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/70058

• Like 2

I will be posting his info on the first post.

Name

Phone number

Whoever wants it talks to him. Not me.

Who ever is serious will have read the first post top to bottom and see the info.

• Like 2

Nice to see how that Hardbody transmission sits. The 720 transmission looks like the best option for keeping stock floors.

• Like 1

Okay Carlos, I looked three times.  I know you loathe people who don't read things but for the life of me I can't find Justin's contact info for the wiring harness you posted.  Am I stupid (don't answer that) or did you not get a chance to post it yet?  ;)

• Like 1

looks good man!  super close to being done with my Ka swap, what throttle cable are you using? thanks

• Like 1

Okay Carlos, I looked three times. I know you loathe people who don't read things but for the life of me I can't find Justin's contact info for the wiring harness you posted. Am I stupid (don't answer that) or did you not get a chance to post it yet? ;)

Sorry i had to ask for his permission to post the info.

• Like 2