New 320 owner, 62?

320 Newb

I originally thought the strip pointed up went all the way across from one fender to the other fender, now I am wondering as my NL320 and U320 have a gap where the vent is.

006.jpg

007.jpg

Here is what the end of the gasket looks like.

009.jpg

My U320 vent assembly is in very good shape considering it's from a 62.

011.jpg

You can see in the second photo how the ends where the screen goes are flat, there is nothing to connect the gasket too except the screen itself, this is why I do not think the gasket I ordered will work on the screen, but I do think it will work for the hood strip although it doesn't look original.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think so, I think it just had the 2 bumpers on each side and a couple bumpers in the front right by the top grill attachment screws, but them holes could be for something else, my guess is bumpers.

1 hour ago, 320 Newb said:

Was there gasket material also along the seams that run from front to back on either side of where the hood comes down? 

• Like 1

McMaster-Carr sells a few different profiles of that type or seal. When trying to figure out how to keep the weather out of the floor mounted auto trans shifters I use on the LS swaps, I took a look at their site, not expecting to find anything, but sure enough, they had it. I buy a lot of stuff from them.

They call them "push on rubber edge seals".

Edited by Stoffregen Motorsports

McMaster Carr's website has always seemed pretty user friendly to me. Pretty good search facility too. I leaned on them pretty extensively when I put a microbrew system together 20-25 years ago. I didn't have the internet back then and spent hours in their big thick yellow book and the 'Thomas Register'.

I've used them innumerable times since Al Gore invented the internet and really appreciate their site.

• Like 2

I made a Tune Up Spec Sticker for my build and have a handful extra if anyone's interested. $5 shipped. I blew up a photo and cleaned it up in photoshop so it's a very good copy. It preserves all the crudeness of the original. It's not a modern font approximation. 

Working theory on these stickers is dealerships had them and most didn't put them on. But they've been spotted on 222s, 320s, 210s, Bluebirds... I recently saw a ratty one on an unmolested 320 in a guy's backyard. 

IMG-6531-HEIC.jpg

IMG-6532-HEIC.jpg

Edited by 320 Newb
  • Like 4

I got that MOPAR fuel filler neck grommet and it seems to fit OK. I wish it was a little snugger but it'll work for sure. 

It's been so long since I pulled of my stock fuel grommet. Was there a little play in it where the neck comes through or was it a snug fit?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I bet there isn't anyone alive that remembers how a "new" 320 fuel filler neck grommet was supposed to fit.

What's your experience with fuel necks? Do they usually fight tight in the grommet or is there a little wiggle room?

A local guy gave me a 1960 211 Sedan fuse box cover in pretty pristine condition and it's exactly the same as the 320 cover. Below I have it on a 320 fuse box. 

My goal is 3D print a replica complete with a 320 fuse box diagram sticker. I'm not sure how much it'll cost but would anyone else be in the market for one?

fuse-box-with-lid.jpg

fuse-box-with-lid.jpg

• Like 3

Sticker is different than a 320 sticker. Box looks the same. The cover flips top to bottom to go on the base. The two fuse holders below the fuse box in the photo were added by me. One is for the mechanical brake switch that I added on the pedal and I don't remember what the other one is without digging into it.

Fuse-Box-320-Pickup.jpg

Edited by difrangia
  • Like 1

^ ^ ^  Yup, Matt, freaked me flat out to the point that I had to add a couple of freestander fuses.  ^ ^ ^

The engineroom was so drab and boring, but the two extra fuses jazz it up real good !!

Chek it out MT, I just put the tune-up sticker on. Love it and thanx !!

Engine-Compartment-from-Right.jpg

Engine-Compartment-from-Left.jpg

Edited by difrangia
  • Like 3