Finally back... Dapper Lighting 575

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't really do hid for highs since it's not good to switch them off & on

I remember them posting that some where, so I decided HIDs for lows, and regular bulbs for highs.  Probably just save up for really good standards bulbs for the hids since they are just different enough.  

I ordered HIDs and got ballasts, but they did say in a post that they were waiting for the harnesses for plug and play HIDs. 

39JO1GG.jpg

• Like 2

Hey guys, Sorry for the late post. We've been slammed and trying to play catch up.

Wiring harnesses are still in production. They need to be ocean freighted because they're so expensive so please be patient with those.

datzenmike: Please shoot us an email at  info@dapperlighting.com and a rep will assist you with the HID issue. 

freekwonder: You might get out some higher wattage bulbs or you can upgrade to our LED units when they come out. Also test that you're getting 12-13V to the high beams. You lose 30% lumens for every volt lost. 

• Like 2

Well lamps are in but...

Turn headlamps on and the outer HIDs flicker and do not light.

High beams work on high position... at least this works.

Question ...

Do the ballasts need to be grounded?

Spent the whole day fucking around with this. For so much money spent not even a diagram? The instructions on the site aren't that great. No cables are labeled what they are. One two wire plug can be connected either way... has Black and White wires and fits to Red and Black.. or Black and Red. So?? why not use a plug that only fits one way?

High beams fine.

Both lamps flickered when the headlamps are turned on but did not light. Then one side started working. Swapped bulbs and still just flickers and stops on the pass side.

When high beams are on, the outer ones are off.???? I was told they should both be on. If the high and low beams are turned on by a relay to ground how do the outer HID lamps stay on when the ground is removed and switched to the high beams??????

Well lamps are in but...

Turn headlamps on and the outer HIDs flicker and do not light.

High beams work on high position... at least this works.

Question ...

Do the ballasts need to be grounded?

Spent the whole day fucking around with this. For so much money spent not even a diagram? The instructions on the site aren't that great. No cables are labeled what they are. One two wire plug can be connected either way... has Black and White wires and fits to Red and Black.. or Black and Red. So?? why not use a plug that only fits one way?

High beams fine.

Both lamps flickered when the headlamps are turned on but did not light. Then one side started working. Swapped bulbs and still just flickers and stops on the pass side.

When high beams are on, the outer ones are off.???? I was told they should both be on. If the high and low beams are turned on by a relay to ground how do the outer HID lamps stay on when the ground is removed and switched to the high beams??????

Relax for a second. We just have to troubleshoot it out.

1. Unplug one of the HIDs at the stock plug, start the car, and turn the lights on. Does it work? If so, plug the second one in. If it shuts off, voltage is dropping below the minimum requirement and the ballasts and auto shutting down. Check voltage to stock plug.

2. There are two wires on the whole kit. You shouldn't need a wiring diagram. Just follow polarity all the way through.

3. IF you are using the OLD relay harness, they operate high and low SEPARATELY. (This is what the new relay harness is for). If you want the OLD relay harness to have 4 headlight high beam, you need to add a diode according to this: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0179/5453/files/H4_Relay_Cable_-_4_lamps_lights_together_2.png?129418023161157225

4. If you are using the old relay harness and the low beam headlights aren't lighting up at all, please check output voltage to each plug and report back.

Please let me know what you find so we can sort the issue out.

Thanks,

Ben

We've had comparable precipitation to what you guys get with fairly mild temperatures lately. 86° index with 50% humidity is what we call a nice spring day. I still wouldn't trade 100° with 100% humidity for your warmest driest winter day.

• Like 1

OK front lamps now are on a double relay, one for each side. I used one of the fronts as the on signal. Works with the engine running so that's good enough. With all the testing the battery may have been low and only one came on when first tested.... but no, just tried and only one lights with the engine off. Maybe battery is getting old. shrug.

• Like 3

OK two nights ago I tried to set the aim but the pass side would not light at all with or without the engine on and charging at over 14 volts. Yesterday morning I drove to work... both worked even with the engine off. Last night the pass side fails to light. So over half the time it isn't lighting.

The relay has the power to the lamps directly from it's own separate fusible link and the harness is only a few feet to the passenger side lamp and probably twice that to the left side. Plugs/connections are all secure. When running it's fine, it just fails to start about 50+% of the time.

• Like 1