Finally back... Dapper Lighting 575

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so any updates by chance?  I'm definitely not worried, just antsy and excited. Like a Jason trying to go to sleep on thursday the 12th excited.   :w00t:

HID supplier says they'll arrive this week! Everything is built. Just waiting on HIDs.

How's the LED option going?

We will have two options for LEDs. A replaceable bulb, and a complete LED projector. We're working on the replaceable bulb right now until we can drive our LED projector prices down ($400 for low beams). Basically there are very few LED bulbs that fit into our projectors. We have one supplier but we are looking for more so we don't have to rely on one supplier.

Replaceable LED bulbs will run about $120 for a set and will be compatible with lows or highs. CAVEAT: The low beam projectors need to be modified so if you are thinking of converting to LED for low beam and have a halogen/HID projector, we will offer a swap kit with projector and LED bulb.

It's confusing I know. I'm working on less complex nomenclature. 

Pics slowly trickling in.

K8EjKtZ.jpg

HRH22P1.jpg

• Like 5

HID supplier says they'll arrive this week! Everything is built. Just waiting on HIDs.

We will have two options for LEDs. A replaceable bulb, and a complete LED projector. We're working on the replaceable bulb right now until we can drive our LED projector prices down ($400 for low beams). Basically there are very few LED bulbs that fit into our projectors. We have one supplier but we are looking for more so we don't have to rely on one supplier.

Replaceable LED bulbs will run about $120 for a set and will be compatible with lows or highs. CAVEAT: The low beam projectors need to be modified so if you are thinking of converting to LED for low beam and have a halogen/HID projector, we will offer a swap kit with projector and LED bulb.

It's confusing I know. I'm working on less complex nomenclature. 

Pics slowly trickling in.

K8EjKtZ.jpg

HRH22P1.jpg

Damn! Now I know my lights are going to look awesome since I am painting my car pretty close to this color! Yes! 

• Like 1

Got them on Saturday, installed them yesterday.  Still need to do the wiring.  I cut mine all up when I installed BMW ellipsoids a few years back.

If I understand the 575 installation instructions online, we should be getting a relay that will plug in to our stock wiring for the HIDs?  I see the HID bulbs, ballasts and some wiring, but no relays. 

dO3ptUZ.jpg

9t3afqy.jpg

• Like 1

Do you sell one or are these compatable with motorcycles , what's the amp draw?

They would work on motorcycles. We currently don't sell a kit specifically for bikes. Draw depends on what kind of bulb you use. Halogen ~4A, HID ~3A, LED ~1A.

Got them on Saturday, installed them yesterday.  Still need to do the wiring.  I cut mine all up when I installed BMW ellipsoids a few years back.

If I understand the 575 installation instructions online, we should be getting a relay that will plug in to our stock wiring for the HIDs?  I see the HID bulbs, ballasts and some wiring, but no relays. 

dO3ptUZ.jpg

9t3afqy.jpg

You will receive our new relay harness as soon as they come in. They didn't make it onto our last shipment.

• Like 2

You will receive our new relay harness as soon as they come in. They didn't make it onto our last shipment.

Understandable, not the end of the world. Actually gives me time to put my wiring back to stock.  The quality of the lights, ballasts, wiring and packaging was great.  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Oh and a bad picture, but my Gen 2 black no halo next to my Gen 1 chrome with halo. I need a better camera and not just use my phone. 

gBaQ9VP.jpg

• Like 1

Understandable, not the end of the world. Actually gives me time to put my wiring back to stock.  The quality of the lights, ballasts, wiring and packaging was great.  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Oh and a bad picture, but my Gen 2 black no halo next to my Gen 1 chrome with halo. I need a better camera and not just use my phone. 

gBaQ9VP.jpg

Awesome. I hope you guys give us feedback too. We've run into some hickups on these first versions but for the most part they've come out just how we wanted them. I'm constantly revising things and making small changes to make them better lights. I appreciate everyone's patience with us. I know it's been a long painful wait, some still waiting but  we're a small company of good hearted car guys trying to put out good products. If anyone has any questions/comments, feel free to reach out.

Thanks!

Ben

• Like 2

gBaQ9VP.jpg

Really like the black ones. Wish I had....

Just checked and they are on the way so now I...

lVRcxsg.gif

• Like 1

Awesome. I hope you guys give us feedback too. We've run into some hickups on these first versions but for the most part they've come out just how we wanted them. I'm constantly revising things and making small changes to make them better lights. I appreciate everyone's patience with us. I know it's been a long painful wait, some still waiting but  we're a small company of good hearted car guys trying to put out good products. If anyone has any questions/comments, feel free to reach out.

Thanks!

Ben

I liked the first gens, I'm not really one for halos personally, but wanted a better projector over the 20 year old BMW ellipoids. I think it's time for some LED tail lights, side markers and turn signals for the 510s now :-)

Just for fun I rigged up the HIDs to work last night, definitely need to adjust them still.  My wiring isn't stock, when I installed my ellipoids I connect both lights to a single relay and cut up the stock wiring. 

3BWmSZS.jpg

l6VqBGJ.jpg

I liked the first gens, I'm not really one for halos personally, but wanted a better projector over the 20 year old BMW ellipoids. I think it's time for some LED tail lights, side markers and turn signals for the 510s now :-)

Just for fun I rigged up the HIDs to work last night, definitely need to adjust them still. My wiring isn't stock, when I installed my ellipoids I connect both lights to a single relay and cut up the stock wiring.

3BWmSZS.jpg

l6VqBGJ.jpg

I plan on doing all the exterior lights in led as soon as I find $200 extra to do it. Not including the headlights.
  • Like 2