• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

^What he said.  There were like 20 in the alley, and 8 in the front yard.  One was about a foot in diameter in the front, not too bad, but still a small size tree.  Only 40 foot or so.  Just as well, I only have a 16" bar on my chain saw.

Alright, it's official:  Ugly Betty is back on hooligan duty.  Raised her up and inch or so with the coilovers, put the snow wheels/tires on, and removed the very very cold racing seat and put the comfy stock seat back in.  So she will still not have the best heater in the world, but at least I won't freeze my butt off driving to work in the snow.  And I'll have fun doing it!

IMAG0948_zpsjay8ggks.jpg

IMAG0949_zps8w4kjsau.jpg

• Like 4

Rose and I took Ugly Betty to the movies tonight.  Saw some kid with his gf in a Jetta that parked next to us, he was looking at Betty going "Yeah right..."  So I started her up in the parking garage and then lit the tires up right behind him.  Hehehehehehe!  Then got lucky as I hit second and wagged the tail around the Monroe street bridge and a cop passes by in the other lane.  Didn't even hit his lights!  Wheee!!  Beaters for the win!  Rose liked it. :)

• Like 2

So...I had an A-HA! moment today with the Datsun...

Speedo has never worked in my 521. I have always used a GPS speedo app on my phone.

Not long ago, 9 months maybe, i got a new phone.

With a new phone comes all the transfers of apps and info.

Fast forward: Today...exiting my driveway...phone is in ashtray playing music, displaying my speed...Wait. What does that say? Knots? My speed has been being measured in knots this while time?

Let's just say my drive to work and back was quite different than all my trips in the recent past.

For those good at math or Google, the roads I most frequently travel have speeds of 25, 35, 40, 55, 60, and 70mph.

My whole trip to Blue Lake averaged about 70.

I hit 82 on my GPS the other day on the freeway.

These speeds were all achieved believing I was recording speed in MPH, not knots.

• Like 6