INSMNCS: John Cain

It's probably the most famous Prosh Day prank that ever happened in Adelaide.

At a 30-year class reunion in 2003, engineering graduate David Gray told the story of how, in 1971, his fellow students suspended an FJ Holden under the University Footbridge.

"Under cover of the early hours of one Friday morning, a group of volunteers pushed the FJ Holden under the bridge next to the water on the southern bank of the Torrens," said David.

"The car was lifted using beams and lifting gear attached to a small hand-operated crane located on the footbridge.

"The crane, with car attached, was then pushed out to the centre of the bridge.

The car was firmly secured to the bridge using a large chain. The crane and volunteers then quickly disappeared into the night and were never found."

The prank is still part of student folklore

It_s_probably_the_most_famous_Prosh_Day_

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

Miss the good ol days. I think our class prank was shooting a deer from a scenic Park and spray painting " cock ball torture " on the Deans windows. The Chinese have it right to just cane the shit outta teenagers.

• Like 3

It's probably the most famous Prosh Day prank that ever happened in Adelaide.

At a 30-year class reunion in 2003, engineering graduate David Gray told the story of how, in 1971, his fellow students suspended an FJ Holden under the University Footbridge.

"Under cover of the early hours of one Friday morning, a group of volunteers pushed the FJ Holden under the bridge next to the water on the southern bank of the Torrens," said David.

"The car was lifted using beams and lifting gear attached to a small hand-operated crane located on the footbridge.

"The crane, with car attached, was then pushed out to the centre of the bridge.

The car was firmly secured to the bridge using a large chain. The crane and volunteers then quickly disappeared into the night and were never found."

The prank is still part of student folklore

It_s_probably_the_most_famous_Prosh_Day_

Looks like my dads '51 Chev. He bought it second hand in '57, his first car. Had it till '65 when I was 15 and was expecting to inherit it when I got my license..... I didn't :bye:

• Like 1

‘Boaty McBoatface’ Is Currently Leading An Open Vote To Name The New £200 Million Royal Research Ship

An open vote allowing the public to name a new £200 million Royal Research Ship has thrown up a sensational frontrunner — the RRS Boaty McBoatface.

56edc0ae1500002a000b292e.jpeg

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/rrs-boaty-mcboatface_uk_56edbec3e4b030d552ef678a

• Like 4

Looks like my dads '51 Chev. He bought it second hand in '57, his first car. Had it till '65 when I was 15 and was expecting to inherit it when I got my license..... I didn't :bye:

It's a GMH (General Motors Holden)  FJ series which was produced in Australia by Holden from 1953 to 1957.