• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

I also remember an article in a 1989 PopSci magazine talking about this lazer propulsion. It spoke about how it could even lift the vehicle with in earths atmosphere. The demo was a small cone shaped model they would super heat the air within the bottom. 

• Like 2

Yo Yo,

I like this truck,               looks kinda.......... well ah........ hot..

Is this even possible?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5431314461.html

Not a '73. As mentioned it's a KC.... worse it's a long wheelbase frame so not a chance in hell it's a '73 with a KC cab swapped. That frame will have a VIN stamped on the top passenger side just forward of the engine mount. It will show as a Feb '76 or later King Cab.

Possibly stolen. Not legal as a '73, not smog exempt.

• Like 1

Yes if you accelerated all the way, I assume. But how would you slow it down when you can only push it. Normally you would accelerate halfway and decelerate the other half. To get to Mars you would have to go into an elliptical orbit that skims Mars's orbit just as Mars passes and captures you. You can't do that in only three days. To travel the 40 odd million miles (closest approach) in 3 days you would hit or flash past at immense speed.

I also remember an article in a 1989 PopSci magazine talking about this lazer propulsion. It spoke about how it could even lift the vehicle with in earths atmosphere. The demo was a small cone shaped model they would super heat the air within the bottom. 

There's no air to heat in space so only the light pressure.