• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

Blah blah... smoked a fatty in the parking lot... blah old and cynical blah...  ...Anyone can crank out a Batman movie.. (Wait, what? Well, there have been like 3 watchable ones since ever.  Maybe those are the only ones he saw)... why can't someone make a better Star Wars move? (that'll be the day) They need a radical departure like the latest Start Trek movies. (...)

may_8_10.jpg

star_trek_adhd.jpg

3487686-4766387814-picar.jpg

• Like 2

may_8_10.jpg

star_trek_adhd.jpg

3487686-4766387814-picar.jpg

You don't always know a movie is going to be successful enough to become a 'series'. Just look at all the really great movies followed by an abysmal sequel. The two Star Wars sequels were .... barely ok, kid stuff, just didn't do it for me and lost interest totally. McDonalds toys,TV ads and over hype was a turn off. If you were a kid about now these may have been more interesting for you. Batman had a couple of good ones but much later on with Christian Bale. Star Trek had one or two good ones, but i got really tired of the same old cast getting older and fatter, TNG TV series I managed to hang on to the second season before dropping out so didn't care to see any of them in any movie form. Great to see the board erased and start over new with 'Star Trek' and 'Into Darkness'. The Kirk and Bones clones and all the alternate universe parallels are a hoot.

• Like 2

Dave Filoni (director of Clone Wars series) had regular consultation with George Lucas on story and character and there's a number of arcs in various seasons that specifically cover subjects referred to and not addressed in the cinematic universe that are considered canon by LFL. 

Great to see the board erased and start over new with 'Star Trek' and 'Into Darkness'. The Kirk and Bones clones and all the alternate universe parallels are a hoot.

I'm ok with parallel universes in the Star Trek multiverse.  There are several throughout all of the series'.  This new shit in a red shirt pretending to be Star Trek doesn't hold up because there is ZERO logic behind it.  Who the fuck would give command of the Federation flagship to a Cadet.  

Why are Bones and Kirk in school at the same time????  It's exactly what you said about the second two Star Wars movies and the god awful prequels.  It's a big marketing ploy with no desire to be rewatchable.  It will absolutely not hold up to the test of time.  Into Darkness wasn't even a good movie.  Much less a good Star Trek movie.

I have even less hope for the next movie that's coming up.  I don't want to see adolescent Kirk trying to be a big boy and have fun at the same time.  I want him to be a goddamned experienced Captain that a crew can look up to and foreign diplomats can respect.

TL/DR:  Fuck the new Star Trek movies.

You don't always know a movie is going to be successful enough to become a 'series'. Just look at all the really great movies followed by an abysmal sequel. The two Star Wars sequels were .... barely ok, kid stuff, just didn't do it for me and lost interest totally. 

Seems it is the series in discussion.