Let's try this again; flatcat's 521

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Obviously your not new to this, but others who read this are..

I Wasn't trying to insult you or anything... but others might not be smart enough to stop before they do more harm than good....

Chasing the threads is definitely a good idea... but using a tap to do it, may not be the best idea... using a thread chasers is just a better recommendation...

What size thread chaser would you use for the threads on a l16?  10mm? Anyone got a link to where I can buy one? 

• Like 1

What size thread chaser would you use for the threads on a l16? 10mm? Anyone got a link to where I can buy one?

10x1.5, 8x1.25, and 6x1.00.

I actually have a thread that I'll be making for this for all future L-series reference.

For now, it's all just get it clean, get it assembled.

• Like 3

I'd like to pull my valve cover and polish it.

I know.... it's like sprinkling glitter on dogshit... buuuuut it's my dog shit.

A bike is up next though. I need to finish up some maintenance on my Toyota, then I'll rotate the Datsun back in to install parts from Gato and Hobo.

• Like 1

Who you talking to?

If the answer is me...what am I waiting for?

I work on cars for a living. I get paid to fix them.

When I go home, I don't want to work on cars. And doing it for free? Fuck every single bit of that.

So, what am I waiting for? Motivation. Boredom. Hypocrisy.

Really? If I wake up fairly pain free on a day off, I do work.

If I had a rocking day at work, I go home and keep going.

Other than that, I do nothing. I play family guy and leave the me time to when it's comfortable to do so.

Today? This weekend? I had a huge day(lots of hours), but we were slow so I'm not in the mood.

That, and I only have Sunday off. Dragging home tools for just one day sucks far too many fucks out of my budget to do anything about it.

• Like 3

I take it you didn't have a rocking day today?

No. I had a huge day. I flagged 15hours. But, I did that in the span of 4 or 5 hours.

So I have been sitting on my workbench for most of the day watching YouTube.

Had I been busy all day I may keep the party going.

Not today. Not tomorrow.

Keep peeled for the next string of process. I like where I'm going next...

• Like 3

Sweet truck gato. pretty sure you were at hoboland no? i was there with my roomate,we came with Danny. Anyways i dont post much but wanted to show some gratitude and appreciation for your truck keep on keepin on. and hopefully we will see you soon.

• Like 2

Sweet truck gato. pretty sure you were at hoboland no? i was there with my roomate,we came with Danny. Anyways i dont post much but wanted to show some gratitude and appreciation for your truck keep on keepin on. and hopefully we will see you soon.

Thank you.

Which guy were you? The big guy or the driver of the KC 620?

I was there. I'm the guy that showed up with wife and kids right as y'all got there.

• Like 2

Thank you.

Which guy were you? The big guy or the driver of the KC 620?

I was there. I'm the guy that showed up with wife and kids right as y'all got there.

I was the big guy.i thought I had the right guy. nice to put some names to faces. 

• Like 1