JCCS 2015

Dirttrack510

My comment was fairly specific towards something I saw at Canby a year or two ago where the shield was made of 3 or 4 plates ziptied together and just kind of thrown in there. Enjoyable, probably functional too, but not pretty. 

Yours are all in nice shape and such, same color, no corrosion. Then there's this...

11416366_10206767204167926_4580941679478

Equal parts entertaining, gross, badass, and art. This was sitting way off to the side of a cars and coffee meet in Davis that was permeated with Ferrari's, Lambos, Vipers, GT3s, and Astons. He was definitely attending, but it was kind of a jewel you had to look for. 

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just made that drive for wekfest a few weeks back. i think at one point all 4 tires came off the freeway at 85mph on the 405...my seat still spells like my pants. ill be leaving super early to cruise down this time...

If there was a "worst presented vehicle" award, that would have got it.

Their biased judges are ridiculous. JCCS will never be as cool as Canby. They will never give out anything more than a cheap award placard. I'll change my opinion about JCCS when they raffle off a badass restored vehicle. Until then...

Who's gonna pay for the " Badass Restored " vehicle, you? Do you even know who the organizers of JCCS are? If you don't then you should not say negative things anymore because you are starting to sound very foolish. Anyone who has ever met Koji or Terry knows that they are two of the nicest people in the Japanese Classic car community you'll ever hope to meet. Their contributions to this culture far outweigh anything you'll hope to do in your lifetime sir.

There are plenty of things that could be improved about any venue, but nobody is perfect. These shows are expensive and ridiculously troublesome to put on. And Koji and his team are about as grass-roots of  a movement as you can get. Instead of complaining here, I suggest writing them an email and make some suggestions about they might improve the venue.

• Like 11

cool everything is cool the only problem is the area is to small the shows is getting bigger every year an is getting to pack by 10am there's no more parking and probably takes you 2 hr to get in having kids is kind of hard to deal with that.

but is a good thing that this pioneers of the Japanese classics are doing this I don't care if they give prices or not just being there is a + looking at this cars in one placed  :thumbup:

cool everything is cool the only problem is the area is to small the shows is getting bigger every year an is getting to pack by 10am there's no more parking and probably takes you 2 hr to get in having kids is kind of hard to deal with that.

but is a good thing that this pioneers of the Japanese classics are doing this I don't care if they give prices or not just being there is a + looking at this cars in one placed  :thumbup:

Well what you typed looks like you were high or drunk, but I get it.

• Like 1

I can't wait for JCCS, plus know big dirt race this year on that weekend means I can have a real vacation!

If you don't think your Datsun will be allowed please contact Koji or Terry and talk to them. My Datsun has three hundred thousand plus miles on it and is my daily driver but will be in the show!

• Like 1

I am hoping you are taking the pickup?

Thanks 620 it will be , I am taking the truck and the wagon, trying to get them both tidyed up for the event.

Truck needs more metel work tring to get the coil overs all in, or at least redo the front better.

Wagon headliner for no reason other then I want to and get the other motor in the wagon. and then boom i am in like flynn.lol

My car is completely blown apart right now. I'm wondering if they'll accept pics and allow me to enter, considering the car is apart. I've got 2 1/2 months to put it together, but I don't want to waste $50 and be told they won't accept my car. :crying:

• Like 1

My car is completely blown apart right now. I'm wondering if they'll accept pics and allow me to enter, considering the car is apart. I've got 2 1/2 months to put it together, but I don't want to waste $50 and be told they won't accept my car. :crying:

send some before pics or there is a box that says work in progress. And then send updates via the same email response you get. It will tell you to do that.