JCCS 2015

Dirttrack510

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The recent good news!  Despite the drenching rain yesterday and last night, news coverage of the flooding on the Los Angeles river [thank you NBC]  clearly showed that tent erection in the JCCS venue was continuing.  Weather forcasts [take them for what they are worth] indicate near 90 degree weather Saturday.  Sunscreen or umbrella?  Or both?  Both I think, the umbrella would come handy on a sun soaked day!

• Like 1

can anyone recommend a decent good rating not to expensive hotel close to the queen mary / jccs event

I stayed at the Residence Inn when I went to JCCS in '13. Walking distance to the show. The cars lined up on the street, waiting to get in, makes the walk enjoyable. I don't recall the price being too out of hand, under $200, and I got to split it with a buddy who rode down with me. Nice place too.

• Like 1

I stayed at the Residence Inn when I went to JCCS in '13. Walking distance to the show. The cars lined up on the street, waiting to get in, makes the walk enjoyable. I don't recall the price being too out of hand, under $200, and I got to split it with a buddy who rode down with me. Nice place too.

There are several budget Motels along Pacific Coast Highway near Crenshaw Boulevard that would be ashamed to charge $200 for a room!  And they are very decent and cluster near the Torrence Airport, they are sound proofed!  So it's an additional 15 minutes to drive to the venue!  Drive East on PCH and turn on to the 710 Freeway.  "They" won't be working on a Saturday [Destruction vs Construction] after all.it's a Governement contract.

• Like 1