JCCS 2015

Dirttrack510

I just noticed that the JCCS for 2015 has been set for September 19th this year.

I'm planning to drive the "White Zombie" a.k.a. my rusty 720 pickup to the show (if money permits it) this year. With a little luck my truck will be looking a little better by then too.

DSC01441_zpsd142fea1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The "show cars only" thing was for their 10th anniversary. I don't think they'll be doing that again this year. If so then a lot of us are screwed; again.

But what if I submit pictures of my car when it was all nice and repainted 20 years ago? Does that count? :lol:

Yeah, but I just went to their site and it says they are going to be more strict about what cars are allowed in, it reads that there will be no more mismatched body panels, primered cars, or cars with body damage/rust. I guess I better get one of my Dattos cleaned up and painted. My truck may be a little bit of a challenge. :crying: My ol' reliable "Project parts Resurrection" car may be my best bet, as I have already done most of the body repairs and just need to clean up some welded panels and ding/dent repairs, then paint it. :frantics:

• Like 1

guys guys lets not go through his again, they did not kick everyone out are any body that I know of. My truck got imperfections to and it went in. If you got a smashed car and 3 different color panels then yea might be a problem there just trying to step there game up and there is nothing wrong with that save the smashed stuff for the local meets or get together's. there free this show people pay to go in to see its done very well and thats it. don't like don't go.

• Like 4

Yeah, but I just went to their site and it says they are going to be more strict about what cars are allowed in, it reads that there will be no more mismatched body panels, primered cars, or cars with body damage/rust.

That's not fair. Whoever the event coordinator is needs to get the splintered log out of their ass. Not all nice cars are finished cars. Hey, all the 'unfinished' cars make the nice cars look that much better. I'm not bitching because I might not be allowed in, but because I've seen a whole lot of 'unfinished' cars that look far better than some 'finished' cars. They're ruining it for probably a good third of people who would like to spend their money to register for a show, but it looks like they want a red carpet event. Anyone can have a perfect car. It takes time for real aging to show.

Maybe they can have the rat corner; where they put all those "outcast cars." Or is that the parking lot...?

• Like 2

That's not fair. Whoever the event coordinator is needs to get the splintered log out of their ass. Not all nice cars are finished cars. Hey, all the 'unfinished' cars make the nice cars look that much better. I'm not bitching because I might not be allowed in, but because I've seen a whole lot of 'unfinished' cars that look far better than some 'finished' cars. They're ruining it for probably a good third of people who would like to spend their money to register for a show, but it looks like they want a red carpet event. Anyone can have a perfect car. It takes time for real aging to show.

Maybe they can have the rat corner; where they put all those "outcast cars." Or is that the parking lot...?

Your car can go in you are fine.

And people got to remember these guys are sponsored by Honda,Mazda,Toyota, so they need to keep the show in a certain direction and there was a lot of ratty cars last year. How do I know my truck was there.. It's not finished so take it easy.

• Like 1

Not yet, been too busy on the next project trying to get it done for this years show.

Anyone can have a perfect car. It takes time for real aging to show.

I don't necessarily agree with this. I don't think just anyone can have a perfect car. If that was the case, there would not be so many "ratty" cars out there. While there is always going to be a minority that would like the rat look, I think a vast majority of us would like a "perfect car", if given the choice, but either lack the skill to do it themselves, the funding to have someone else do it, or a combination of both. It is ball busting work to do a proper restoration on these cars yourself, and not cheap even if you do all the work yourself. As someone who has personally restored a few j tins, I can respect the effort it takes to do it. It's easy to look at a build thread, such as the one I did for my 520, and think it looks pretty easy, but that truck was 2 years of fairly constant weekend work to get it where it is today. As for the aging, that is easy enough. I can just park it in the backyard for 10 years with no effort.

• Like 1

Who cares.. bring your car(in ANY state) up for Canby and we'll welcome you with open arms. Hell, we'll even let you stay a few days, just cuz we appreciate the distance you've traveled.

• Like 2

Those of you that trailer your Datsuns are also welcome at Canby, There is also special parking for (trailer queens)  :rofl:

Talking to me Rick? 

I'm guessing he is speaking at least of me, since I trailered my truck to Williams (and it won best truck). Hey, whatever. Definitely not the 1st time and probably not the last. I know the situation that led to me towing my truck (and motorcycle) from the bay area to JCCS, then Vegas, then to Williams. Not regretting it one bit. Had a great time at both shows! :thumbup: Also, I do hope to make it to Canby with my 1200, and it is possible it will be trailered, so reserve a spot for me. :)

• Like 2

I'm guessing he is speaking at least of me, since I trailered my truck to Williams (and it won best truck). Hey, whatever. Definitely not the 1st time and probably not the last. I know the situation that led to me towing my truck (and motorcycle) from the bay area to JCCS, then Vegas, then to Williams. Not regretting it one bit. Had a great time at both shows! :thumbup: Also, I do hope to make it to Canby with my 1200, and it is possible it will be trailered, so reserve a spot for me. :)

He was talking about me, send me a PM later so I can help you round up those reflectors. And see you at JCCS this year, and don't forget to scratch your truck or they won't let you in.lol