2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was a really fun day. Thanks for the lunch Steve! We needed it!

This build really keeps getting better and better. It was going to be really cool... now it's just amazing. This is panning out to really be a top dollar build.. and the new owner is going to be really lucky. 

Every nut and bolt has been removed.. cleaned up. But we still have a long ways to go..

• Like 6

Today was a really fun day. Thanks for the lunch Steve! We needed it!

This build really keeps getting better and better. It was going to be really cool... now it's just amazing. This is panning out to really be a top dollar build.. and the new owner is going to be really lucky. 

Every nut and bolt has been removed.. cleaned up. But we still have a long ways to go..

dude you have put in so much time on the truck 4 Saturdays in a row . . . impressive . . . Rick has also done some great work and traveling ! 

I could spend a whole day telling you about this build . It sucks trying to break it down for some in less than a half hour . because I try to tell everyone about all of you . And the donations of time and parts , thats hard to do in a half hour . 

• Like 5

dude you have put in so much time on the truck 4 Saturdays in a row . . . impressive . . . Rick has also done some great work and traveling ! 

I could spend a whole day telling you about this build . It sucks trying to break it down for some in less than a half hour . because I try to tell everyone about all of you . And the donations of time and parts , thats hard to do in a half hour . 

Honestly.. it's to the point where some people would stop believing what you are telling them... lol it's that good.

• Like 3

Can't wait to see it after the dip, it's so close to paint!

Glad I got to help on the truck today, it definitely put this build into perspective for me and made me happy to be part of the Ratsun community. Seeing the original paint all polished up on the passenger side firewall put a beautiful image in my mind.

• Like 4

This is my donation to this project, the fuse block. 

A Blue Sea fuse block mounts to this piece of plastic, that uses the original holes that held the 521 fuse block.

CanbyBaseScrews_zpsjqkgnmqm.jpg

I got some 1/4 spade screw adapters that I put on the Canby fuse block.  These will plug into the 521 wiring harness.

CanbyFuseBlock_zpspq7drgrc.jpg

Another view.

CanbyFuseBlock3_zpsuk9dsc3o.jpg

This is the completed fuse block ready to go into the truck.

CanbyFuseBlock2_zpsjvadbx1j.jpg

• Like 9

I haven't had much time lately , spring is my busy time of the year . 

But I had to post :  thanks to scooter stuff & the donation from maltese and Bo the dip tank king . The entire truck is going to be dipped !

I am meeting Bo at my place today and he is going to come pick up all the smaller parts . They are going to dip today , and I will add pictures later . 

IMAG0303_zpsb4gq9bor.jpg

IMAG0304_zpsq81rubsp.jpg

• Like 9

I agree ,

but i guess I jumped the gun

, Bo showed up and said the cab was bigger than he thought , he didnt realize the cab had the whole front end was attached .

So he is donating the dipping of all the smaller parts , everything but the cab and bed . He said if we tried to do the whole thing it would be like 1000 dollars .

We can put the funds into many needed things for the truck or ?  

• Like 1

snapback.png

IMAG3727_1_zpsxsu6zjqf.jpg
“DATSUN DRIVING CANBY FUN”
In celebration Datsuns Northwest is going to give away a 1970 Datsun 521 truck.
The truck is a 1970 Datsun 521, 1600, 4 speed truck.
The truck is being donated to Datsuns Northwest by Denmarkboy & Datslocos Datsun Club of California/Oregon/washigton

TICKET INFO : 5 DOLLARS EACH . LIMIT OF 200 TICKETS PER PERSON

ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE RAFFLE WILL BE GOING TO CHARITY CHOOSEN BY : Datsuns Northwest
The finished truck will be raffled off at the 2015 10th annual “DATSUN DRIVING CANBY FUN” event on Sunday at the awards presentation. Raffle tickets will be sold at the event only and will be $5.00 each, must be present to win. The winner will receive a legal drivable 521 truck.

DONATED  CANBY TRUCK PARTS :    DONATED BY :                                                 
FRONT BRAKES & KING PIN ....................................................mklotz70

SEATS & DOOR CARDS    ..........................................................................ratdat3
PARTS TRANSPORT & LABOR / FOOD / ROAD TRIP............................. hobospyder
TRANSPORTATION ................................................................................... eagle_adam
DASH BOARD ............................................................................................. uberkevin
IGNITION SYSTEM & SWITCHES  ............................................................. charlie69
TRANSPORTATION .................................................................................... fastdadd
FRONT TURN LENSES ............................................................................... skyblue
POWDER COATING ..................................................................................... jrock4224
HOOD AND LABOR ...................................................................................... jester
KNOBS & SHIFTER ...................................................................................... mattndew76
521 TRUCK ................................................................................................... datslocos & denmarkboy
INFORMATION AND SUPPORT .................................................................... ratsun
EVENT & RAFFLE ......................................................................................... datsuns northwest
PAYPAL & TOWING ....................................................................................... bowtie towing aka "Evil Santa"
BUILD BOARD & GRAPHICS ......................................................................... the graphics shop
STREERING WHEEL & WING WINDOWS & HUBS........................................ wayno  
RATSUN GRILL BADGE & RATSUN SHIFT KNOB ....................................... Dime Dave 
CRAZY ROAD TRIP TO DONATE LABOR ......................................................Busta Nut
LABOR & ROAD TRIP ......................................................................................Farmer
CRAZY ROAD TRIP & LABOR ........................................................................ Eastbay521 & copilot
LABOR / LUNCH / LIQUIDS & REAR BRAKES................................................ Draker
HUB CAP .......................................................................................................... 67_1600
ENGINE  REBUILD ........................................................................................... Datsun life
REAR BRAKES  ................................................................................................ ]2eDeYe
FUNDRAISING DONATION .............................................................................. Kirden
PAINTER & PAINT BOOTH / PAINT/ LABOR.....................................................scooter stuff 
FUNDRAISING DONATION .............................................................................. Seansm 10
DOGLEG 5 SPEED  &  TIRES   ......................................................................... harlow
DONATION / LABOR / ROAD TRIP / TRANSPORTAION................................. Rick-rat
DOOR RUBBERS  & LED LIGHTS ................................................................... Tendril
LABOR ................................................................................................................ Hogie
LABOR ................................................................................................................ h5wagaon
LABOR ................................................................................................................ Rhino13 

BODY PANEL DIPPING ...................................................................................... maltese

TAILGATE CABLES ............................................................................................ arizonajones

PAYPAL DONATIONS CAN BE MADE : Tbowtie@comcast.netplease make donations as a gift , to avoid 8% fee per transaction.

PAYPAL DONATIONS :    ]2eDeYe   a6m-zero  Justin Berni    hobosyder

Charlie69  Gradyfest   zed 1     Lime D. ZezE     Janksun

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU DONATING PARTS AND LABOR .
       87acd5a1-0505-4d71-a241-5bcdeb938755_zps                                                 1d791ab1-3748-43bd-97f2-c07f109ed680_zps
                                                                          header-image3_zpsxw6uiqjj.jpg
     674f4a1e-2d87-4617-81ea-5657144c2d80_zps                                                                  90b3f0fb-7cb3-4e14-bf87-df29436a0d9a_zps

40c7a9ca-81d8-44ba-ad9d-f9c72acf06c8_zps                        d3868d73-2225-4f98-b3e4-78ee29a0f58e_zps   1f652a55-984d-4366-9332-ef29def30cf7_zps                           2d81198a-0c7e-473e-8f0a-2478503cd800_zpssnapback.png
 ffa48b98-84b5-473c-81ca-598527282b62_zps1397610931_zpsfrrq03zl.pnghttp://www.bluehandsinc.com          http://eugenegraphicsshop.com           http://www.youtube.c.../bluehandsvideo.
 http://datsunsnw.org              http://www.md-machinist.com        http://www.futofab.com/                       

https://www.facebook...939484376066394      

PARTS STILL NEEDED FOR THE BUILD                                                                            labor                                                                                                        transportation                                                                                            window felts 

labor                                                                                          gas tank refurbish                        trans mount fab                           body work

• Like 1

Ah....reality sets in.  Oh well.....having the small parts dipped will still save a good bit of effort.   Instead of trying to remove all the rust in areas that won't be seen....inner fender wells....underside of cab....I think using a rust converter and covering with undercoating will be much more expedient. 

• Like 4

I'm moving to Springfield/Eugene area in a few weeks so I'll be a lot closer to your place Al. I'd be willing to spend a few nights a week doing the smaller pain in the ass areas on the cab. I think the bed will be fairly easy, just time consuming obviously.

• Like 3

I agree ,

but i guess I jumped the gun

, Bo showed up and said the cab was bigger than he thought , he didnt realize the cab had the whole front end was attached .

So he is donating the dipping of all the smaller parts , everything but the cab and bed . He said if we tried to do the whole thing it would be like 1000 dollars .

We can put the funds into many needed things for the truck or ?  

Still a good sized donation and the cab and bed will still get paint. 

Towards the truck is my vote, many things to put together still :)

• Like 2

Still a good sized donation and the cab and bed will still get paint. 

Towards the truck is my vote, many things to put together still :)

This has turned into a win win , he is still doing the parts the funds were sent to get done . In fact he is doing more  , both doors , both fenders , hood , front valance . 

Being able to cover some of the other small things will be a huge help. 

example : 

windshield rubber & rock chip fix , the windshield has 2 small rock chips 

the rear window rubber 

new battery 

materials to finish cab and bed prep 

Like I said win / win . ! ? 

• Like 3