2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

I used a combination of wire wheels and 60 grit on a Dewalt DA and also an air DA.  The twisted wire wheels worked the best.  I suggest using aircraft stripper in the hard to reach areas and then break out the wire wheels and the DA.  It would be a good idea to have primer and supplies ready so you can get the bare metal primed so it does not flash rust.

Be careful the paint stripper eats skin use chemical rubber gloves and eye protection.  Rinse with water  use a gentle stream as not to splash on people or other things you do not want to strip.  This will kill pets and plants, please if you use this be careful!!!

The wire brushes I use with the 4" and the 4 1/2" angle grinders.  I have bought all the different price Harbor freight angle grinders of these sizes ant to be honest get the cheapest ones you can for this job.  The screw up return them for replacement. until job is done.

These wire wheels throw wires and these will pierce skin. so gloves eye and eye protection.  Also a box of band aids and a bottle peroxide.  Good luck and please do not play with these wheels they can be dangerous.

A bout a month ago I had to take my brother to the hospital because a 9" angle grinder got away from him and tore a 11" gash in his left for arm.  About 2' above his wrist to about 2" below his elbow.  Tendons, muscles, veins, and nerves all roughly severed.  ended up having surgery a week later to reattached what could be. 

plus hours of surgery.  he is still going to physical therapy.  He works in a heavy steel fab yard. 

It can happen to any one any time!!!

Kleen%20Strip%20Aircraft%20Stripper.jpg

Twisted%20Cupped%20Wire%20Wheel.jpg

Twisted%20Wire%20Wheel%20HF.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say use the funds for whatever is needed. Let me know when you're ready for a battery. I can get a deal on that, if you have an O'Reilly close by. :D

Thanks dude , every dime will go into the build ! 

And just so you know the story about the truck and donations like yours are what inspired Bo to donate the dipping of the smaller pieces .

We dont have O'rielly auto parts in my neck of the woods . but thanks . 

• Like 3

Thanks dude , every dime will go into the build !

And just so you know the story about the truck and donations like yours are what inspired Bo to donate the dipping of the smaller pieces .

We dont have O'rielly auto parts in my neck of the woods . but thanks .

2020 W 11th Ave, Eugene, OR 97402

• Like 3

Cool. Any particular group size you prefer? Calls for a group 24, or should we use a lighter group 25?

By the looks of this chart , probably the group 25 .

"Search Feature" You Enter - First Character of Part # - We Suggest:

BCI Group Numbers, Dimensional Specifications, Polarity & Terminals

Group L" W" H" Lmm Wmm Hmm Figure Polarity Terminals

22F 9.50 6.90 8.30 240 175 211 11 R/H-POS TOP - SAE AUTO

22NF 9.40 5.50 8.90 240 140 227 11 R/H-POS TOP - SAE AUTO

24 10.30 6.80 8.90 260 175 225 10 L/H-POS TOP - SAE AUTO

24F 10.30 6.80 8.90 260 175 225 11 R/H-POS TOP - SAE AUTO

25 9.10 6.90 8.90 230 175 225 10 L/H-POS TOP - SAE AUTO

26 8.20 6.90 7.80 208 175 197 10 L/H-POS TOP - SAE AUTO

26R 8.20 6.90 7.80 208 175 197 11 R/H-POS TOP - SAE AUTO

26 - 70 8.20 6.90 7.80 208 175 197 10 & 17 C-LINE TOP & SIDE

27 12.10 6.80 8.90 306 175 225 10 L/H-POS TOP - SAE AUTO

27F 12.10 6.80 8.90 306 175 225 11 R/

I've only been there once. Easy to miss. Use to be called shucks.

Ok I know where it is
  • Like 1

It really makes no difference either way .

The donated parts and accessories for this truck are pretty much consuming my shop at this point . It made me realize how bad I need a storage shed .

I guess if it's already here it won't be on the list of things I still have to get .

• Like 1

snapback.png

IMAG3727_1_zpsxsu6zjqf.jpg
“DATSUN DRIVING CANBY FUN”
In celebration Datsuns Northwest is going to give away a 1970 Datsun 521 truck.
The truck is a 1970 Datsun 521, 1600, 4 speed truck.
The truck is being donated to Datsuns Northwest by Denmarkboy & Datslocos Datsun Club of California/Oregon/washigton

TICKET INFO : 5 DOLLARS EACH . LIMIT OF 200 TICKETS PER PERSON

ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE RAFFLE WILL BE GOING TO CHARITY CHOOSEN BY : Datsuns Northwest
The finished truck will be raffled off at the 2015 10th annual “DATSUN DRIVING CANBY FUN” event on Sunday at the awards presentation. Raffle tickets will be sold at the event only and will be $5.00 each, must be present to win. The winner will receive a legal drivable 521 truck.

DONATED  CANBY TRUCK PARTS :    DONATED BY :                                                 
FRONT BRAKES & KING PIN ....................................................mklotz70

SEATS & DOOR CARDS    ..........................................................................ratdat3
PARTS TRANSPORT & LABOR / FOOD / ROAD TRIP............................. hobospyder
TRANSPORTATION ................................................................................... eagle_adam
DASH BOARD ............................................................................................. uberkevin
IGNITION SYSTEM & SWITCHES  ............................................................. charlie69
TRANSPORTATION .................................................................................... fastdadd
FRONT TURN LENSES ............................................................................... skyblue
POWDER COATING ..................................................................................... jrock4224
HOOD AND LABOR ...................................................................................... jester
KNOBS & SHIFTER ...................................................................................... mattndew76
521 TRUCK ................................................................................................... datslocos & denmarkboy
INFORMATION AND SUPPORT .................................................................... ratsun
EVENT & RAFFLE ......................................................................................... datsuns northwest
PAYPAL & TOWING ....................................................................................... bowtie towing aka "Evil Santa"
BUILD BOARD & GRAPHICS ......................................................................... the graphics shop
STREERING WHEEL & WING WINDOWS & HUBS........................................ wayno  
RATSUN GRILL BADGE & RATSUN SHIFT KNOB ....................................... Dime Dave 
CRAZY ROAD TRIP TO DONATE LABOR ......................................................Busta Nut
LABOR & ROAD TRIP ......................................................................................Farmer
CRAZY ROAD TRIP & LABOR ........................................................................ Eastbay521 & copilot
LABOR / LUNCH / LIQUIDS & REAR BRAKES................................................ Draker
HUB CAP .......................................................................................................... 67_1600
ENGINE  REBUILD ........................................................................................... Datsun life
REAR BRAKES  ................................................................................................ ]2eDeYe
FUNDRAISING DONATION .............................................................................. Kirden
PAINTER & PAINT BOOTH / PAINT/ LABOR.....................................................scooter stuff 
FUNDRAISING DONATION .............................................................................. Seansm 10
DOGLEG 5 SPEED  &  TIRES   ......................................................................... harlow
DONATION / LABOR / ROAD TRIP / TRANSPORTAION................................. Rick-rat
DOOR RUBBERS  & LED LIGHTS ................................................................... Tendril
LABOR ................................................................................................................ Hogie
LABOR ................................................................................................................ h5wagaon
LABOR ................................................................................................................ Rhino13 

BODY PANEL DIPPING & BATTERY.................................................................. maltese

TAILGATE CABLES ............................................................................................ arizonajones

PAYPAL DONATIONS CAN BE MADE : Tbowtie@comcast.netplease make donations as a gift , to avoid 8% fee per transaction.

PAYPAL DONATIONS :    ]2eDeYe   a6m-zero  Justin Berni    hobosyder

Charlie69  Gradyfest   zed 1     Lime D. ZezE     Janksun

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU DONATING PARTS AND LABOR .
       87acd5a1-0505-4d71-a241-5bcdeb938755_zps                                                 1d791ab1-3748-43bd-97f2-c07f109ed680_zps
                                                                          header-image3_zpsxw6uiqjj.jpg
     674f4a1e-2d87-4617-81ea-5657144c2d80_zps                                                                  90b3f0fb-7cb3-4e14-bf87-df29436a0d9a_zps

40c7a9ca-81d8-44ba-ad9d-f9c72acf06c8_zps                        d3868d73-2225-4f98-b3e4-78ee29a0f58e_zps   1f652a55-984d-4366-9332-ef29def30cf7_zps                           2d81198a-0c7e-473e-8f0a-2478503cd800_zpssnapback.png
 ffa48b98-84b5-473c-81ca-598527282b62_zps1397610931_zpsfrrq03zl.pnghttp://www.bluehandsinc.com          http://eugenegraphicsshop.com           http://www.youtube.c.../bluehandsvideo.
 http://datsunsnw.org              http://www.md-machinist.com        http://www.futofab.com/                       

https://www.facebook...939484376066394      

PARTS STILL NEEDED FOR THE BUILD                                                                            labor                                                                                                        transportation                                                                                            window felts 

labor                                                                                          gas tank refurbish                        trans mount fab                           body work           

windshield rubber                          rear window rubber                               

• Like 1

ok , so just talked to Brian , he wont be there tomorrow . but he did set it aside for me to pick up ,  Thanks man 

A little more good news ,

Scooter worked it out with Bo , He is going to dip the cab for the 300 dollar donation .

Thanks to evil santa and bowtie towing I should have the cab dropped off tomorrow . 

• Like 5