Feels like autumn.

DatMo

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So all the wiring in the car is done luckily. I have just s few things to finish for gauges but driving lights all work. I'm gonna bust my ass tomorrow to finish gauges and the brakes and fuel issue to drive by my birthday on the 5th

here's the dash installed however I still have to make some corner pieces and a new dash top. I'm waiting on the arrival of the vinyl and my battery to recharge in order to test everything again just to double check everything is properly working. 

For the most part, I'm super happy with it but i wish glovebox could scoot over a bit but then I'd have to cute the original dash and don't wanna do that.

tomorrow after work, I'm gonna double check everything, then I'm going to see what's up with this damn tank in order to get the car working...

the tank just wont send any fuel into the lines. I put a filter under the back seat and it's clear....IMG_43361_zps1aakenol.jpgIMG_43371_zpsrjoobdot.jpg

• Like 1

Fits pretty well

Thanks man. My column cover was gone to shit so instead of buying a new one I cut that one from the point of cracks and glued some washers in to hold the bolts and it fits nicely too! Now I need something to cover my hub.

Man, that looks pretty good. Will it tuck under the dash pad? I like the gauge cluster design.

yes it does but I think I'm gonna make a custom pad that's just a nice long piece similar to a 521 and wrap it with what I want. I think it'll be cleaner. I'm not sure I want the vent area because I have no defroster in my car but not needed in cali lol

In SOCAL-yeah, not MORCAL though. Love fabbin stuff up, cause it's just make as you go!!

Yeah I know it's an entirely different culture down here. So I hated how the Datsun pedal is a floor mount so I just welded a piece of 1/4inch steel to the pedal and then put some Amazon ones. They're just to see if it works well then I'm gonna get a set of sparco ones I've had my eye on. I don't have hazards but everything else is good.

NOW. As far brakes. My friend has been flaking but Thursday he'll be here. Now I'm concerned if I need a longer brake rod. I've heard some increase and weld an extra qtr inch onto it however I think that I don't need that because I've also seen people run this master as well?

Edit: also, I've read on the realm that the longer rod can cause the brakes to freeze.

• 2 weeks later...

Better get to work.

Ive figured out almost every little bug in the car besides the tank and brakes so I'm gonna go get the tank redone because that's proving over and over to be the issue.

Dude I told you go to that one place, if they just need to be tuned he dosen't charge much.

international or Europeans? I went to both for parts. Europeans is great but won't get back to me about tuning. International said he needs the car there

So I've got a question as far as timing. My distributor was installed with the wires/module closer to the block opposed to outwards toward the stock cool spot. Is this correct? My wires are under my radiator hoses but I see all these pics with them on the other location which throws me off.

I've ran them both ways. I think with my L16 there was no room.. and I had to run the matchbox on the hot side.

You can just move the oil pump spindle 180 degrees and reseat your dizzy.. problem solved. If it clears everything that is.

I've ran them both ways. I think with my L16 there was no room.. and I had to run the matchbox on the hot side.

You can just move the oil pump spindle 180 degrees and reseat your dizzy.. problem solved. If it clears everything that is.

I think I'll do that. Thanks for lookin out!