Feels like autumn.

DatMo

Fuel pump is on but not too sure where I want to mount my regulator and I'm still waiting on my psi gauge. My new dash is complete just needs quick trims for perfect fitment on the radio. As far as everything else, it's going smooth.

I placed the the fuel pump with brackets bolted down to my battery box but it shall hold well. Also gonna drill a new hole on the side of my battery box for battery cables to make it a bit more efficient. Then just to tune carbs etc. I'm so close yet so many details are bothering me lol

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I'm scared because the mount is on there really well but it's a fuel pump and it's just on the outside? I mounted it onto the battery box I have. Lemme get some pics on here

You're fine I have mine mounted on or near the rear Xmember if I remember correctly

Sweet! I mounted it differently so it's better now. It's maybe 3/4 of an inch lower but the diff is lower and the exhaust so I think I'm okay. Thanks bro!

Normally mounted at a different angle... but if it works...

Not the cleanest look, but most dont get the chance to look underneath.

I totally agree which is why I took it all off and mounted it much much better and looks tons cleaner lol. I'm not sure what to do with the rubber line because it still has that wrap from each side of the hardline. But I also bought some bolt clamps to hold down so it doesn't get near the driveshaft or anything.

pics! it scares me a bit that it's a little lower and of course, after this picture, i cut a bigger hole for battery wires and painted the box again and used some wire holders and a grommet.

also got my fpr in and i like the spot! I just need a spot to put the brass piece that allows for the gauge. I have a dash gauge so I'm not sure how it works or hooks up. I'll have to wait until it comes I guess. 

IMG_43071_zpswrpvjte5.jpg

IMG_43111_zps80ilmlw1.jpg

So bad news.

I've installed my new fuel pump and cleaned all my lines and no gas seems to be entering even the clear filter that I put right after the tank. I put 5 gallons in and I can hear the electric fuel pump working. Please help :(

Wired backwards or clogged lines.

I'm not sure how it could be wired backwards because there's an obvious ground and power and they're both connected as supposed to and I figured it wouldn't work properly if not? As far as clogged lines, they're all clean because I took them out and shot fluids and air through them

I'm not sure how it could be wired backwards because there's an obvious ground and power and they're both connected as supposed to and I figured it wouldn't work properly if not? As far as clogged lines, they're all clean because I took them out and shot fluids and air through them

Ok so the lines are clear. Pull the hose and stick it in a gas can. See if it pumps it out in the direction you expect. I'm not familiar with at pump what so ever so I can't say if it could actually pump backwards. First just try to pump a gas can.

• Like 1

Why not the stock dash? I always have mixed feelings about different dashes

I would have to hack the shit out of it for my radio that I want as well as have to buy an external piece that wouldn't look suitable for my other gauges. With this, I got everything I want and more. Plus, it matches the wood in the rear.