Feels like autumn.

DatMo

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those look close to the Nissan como seats from the 70's, like freak said it's up to you if you want to take the gamble.

Yeah I know and I loveeee the look of the como seats. I'll take the gamble.... in a few months when interior matters more.

I was also thinking of purchasing a breather box. With that being said, I was wondering what size the valve cover pcv connection was for a hose so I could purchase one with the correct size fitting.

I'm looking into rubber at this point and I've been considering the Thailand ones on eBay just because 1, I live in California, and 2, even then, the car will not be driven during winter. Does anyone have experience with the eBay rubbers as well as fitment?

Thailand rubber isnt about winter, the problem is the sun. The UV light kills the bad quality rubber from Thailand.

Get a quality windshield seal.

Other than that, pick and choose your other seals based on cost vs how much sunlight they get directly.

Thailand rubber isnt about winter, the problem is the sun. The UV light kills the bad quality rubber from Thailand.

Get a quality windshield seal.

Other than that, pick and choose your other seals based on cost vs how much sunlight they get directly.

ohhhh gotcha. Which would lead to more cracking etc because it dries out quicker. Certainly. I'll look for something more suitable then. What do you use if you don't mind me asking?

I'd be all over those seats for that price. I wonder who makes them? I've only seen them on Yahoo japan before.

That's what I'm sayin! I'm actually gonna go check em out today. It's some China made shit I'm sure because the warehouse has a bunch of misc. cheap parts.

I have Datsunlandsocal inner/outer window squeegee and channel felt. Thailand door seals, and Vintage Rubber windshield seal. Everything else is either still original to the car or sourced from another wagon.

Gotcha. Thanks for the input man! Very good info

Looks like iKon motorsports has them in stock again.

I was just there yesterday and unfortunately they only have one seat in stock. Well actually not so unfortunate, they're very thin and the padding is weak. The little pins look horrific in person but if you were to paint those black and add padding, it's bearable. I passed on them.

The look and the shape is nice but the execution isn't so good.

Very very true butttt I ended up getting e30 sport edition heated seats for a GoPro!!!!!

The seats!

2508A5CB-4551-4C93-9232-F9DF36B8F57C_zps

I'm planning to wire the heated option in because it would be a great luxury.

Damnit, I want e30 seats so bad! They are nearly a grand for ones in that condition here.

I've seen! It's so hard to decide between the bench seat and these but I'll be swapping both out and running these while bench gets reupholstered and I got money. There's cheap ones in cali for a few hundred that you could ship. I know a guy selling some that I could look into if you're serious about it. He parts out e30's.

I'm going to hit the junkyard next week. I'm thinking about 5 series comfort seats with armrests or maybe even some cool older saab seats I've seen. But then again i may do nothing...

Your seats are great looking!

I'm going to hit the junkyard next week. I'm thinking about 5 series comfort seats with armrests or maybe even some cool older saab seats I've seen. But then again i may do nothing...

Your seats are great looking!

5 series would be awesome. Wouldn't get more luxurious! My friend has a Mazda speed 3 with the luxury package and the seats are ridiculously comfortable and they have heated seats too. Thanks man! I'm excited about em!

I'm quite fond of '13 VW Beetle leather seats.

96B39BC9-AE0C-4F05-8A1F-9A1DF1CA750F.jpg

Not my taste for a 510 but look comfy. I also have an exhaust leak on my car right now but with being said, my dad told me to run two gaskets. Does that actually work?

I'm gonna get my car back from chuck who's doing timing and a few other small things around the car next week or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I forgot what driving a Datsun is like but the fan is so damn loud. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, my temp gauge is going all over the place. Could that be the ground or something else? I drove the car today but with any Datsun, a ton of shit to fix.