Feels like autumn.

DatMo

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the car on the ground how much up travel is left on the shock?

Unfortunately my linkage took a shit on me the other day so I haven't really touched the car. I've also got a wink mirror I gotta put on because I can't see shit out of my fender mirrors.

Unfortunately my linkage took a shit on me the other day so I haven't really touched the car. I've also got a wink mirror I gotta put on because I can't see shit out of my fender mirrors.

Adjust them better, it took me an hour of fucking with mind to get them right but they work great.

Adjust them better, it took me an hour of fucking with mind to get them right but they work great.

That could very well be the issue. I only spent about 10 minutes and as soon as I was driving, I didn't know what I was looking at lol.

That could very well be the issue. I only spent about 10 minutes and as soon as I was driving, I didn't know what I was looking at lol.

I have mine set so I can see some of the side of the car still so I have a point of reference. With the fender mirrors and the rear view only blind spot is right next to me on the driver's side.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a compression test done over at left coast Datsun and chuck told me I got a 180 on 1&2 but a 120 on 3&4 which is weird because it would usually be 1&3 or 4&2 which makes me believe I have a blown head gasket? Any input?

Could be headgasket could be worn rings. 120 isn't awful, it will still run.

Yeah true. I'm just praying it's not rings. Im planning to do the headgasket and if it's the valves, I'll be on the lookout.

Also I'm baffled with my linkage situation. So I handed a complete cannon manifold linkage setup to chuck but he said I was still missing some pieces because dellortos are a bit different. He said I was missing a piece for the idle adjustment. However with that said, does anyone know what I'm missing and where I could possibly get it? Here's what he's put on and it is what I had given him. I figured idle adjustment was set from those threads?

C09AC77B-45E8-472C-AD34-8F6E14C0CA75_zps

Also chucks a great guy. A bit pricey but great guy and definetly helping.

• Like 1

Update: I got a centerpull linkage that should be coming in the mail shortly. I'm bringing the car home from chucks on wed and unfortauntely the car remains to not be completely drivable. I'll be installing new trans bushings, the electric fan, a choke, the center pull linkage, and adjusting the steering. Driving it I also noticed my temp gauge flying around so I plan to ground it better as well.

I really hope to be able to take this car on things but it's just so damn problematic. I also have a head gasket shop in mind down the road as well.

You should for real just light this thing on fire and walk away... :rofl:

Seriously. I'll get under there in the next few weeks.

FUCK I HOPE ITS NOT. Either way, I still want to do more.

You guys think one 10 inch spal fan will keep the engine cool?

Needed some positive energy into this car so I installed the electric fan. I think it'll be just fine. Here's clearance. I potentially may have cut the pulley too short but I made sure it wasn't flush. lol my saw blade blew up and actually ruined a lot the paint in my engine bay so Ima gonna touch up. Damn it. Anyways. Pics. I guess?

Also, I noticed that when I took off my heat shield from t3, the back of it seems to have enabled a gas leak of some sort? I feel like this could be my fault because I did not run a gasket.

Do you guys run gaskets with your heat shields? I run no gasket to the manifold and heat shield but I do run the carb spacers and a gasket against the spacers to the carbs.

3FCA69D8-F212-46D9-A6C5-63183300E0CA_zps

F20B867F-BF31-4791-972D-734F5F043026_zps

E78889C3-0832-47DB-82DD-A6315935DE17_zps

I'm gonna head to Europeans next week since I'm on spring break and get a heat shield gasket. I've also got one of my studs replaced today and a few other small knicks in the engine bay fixed up. I want to mount my coil better as it plays around so I figured I'd zip tie it to the bracket with an industrial zip tie.

Try and actual coil mount, that will hold it better than a zip tie.

Loll very true. I actually have one and it fits very well for the 3/4 coils I have but the only want that actually works is the smaller size one.

• 2 weeks later...

I turned on the car the other day and it sounded decent. Still trying to figure out this dual choke method. I had one setup that was a universal and it had u shape towards the front of the car to pull the choke but that added too much difficulty to the choke so I may have to find some sort of other setup. I'm fixing a lot of the wiring. I did it myself and really had absolutely no idea what I was doing but now I understand more.

I'm trying to make a hazard switch but the damn thing keeps burning. I'm running a hot wire from the fuse box to a switch and I'm grounding it so I figured I'd need a relay and haven't gotten around to it.

On top of that. I need to adjust my clutch and still get rid of the slack in my throttle cable to be just right so I'm gonna do that. Radiator may be punctured so I gotta run some water through it to find out. Always some shit.

Get a wiring diagram of the car and copy the hazard circuit.

If you can't read a diagram, you can't get it right on the car. Copy down the entire hazard circuit and only the hazard circuit on to another piece of paper. Start at battery, go through fuses, etc. Draw everything until you get to ground.

Now you are ready to wire it.

• Like 1

Get a wiring diagram of the car and copy the hazard circuit.

If you can't read a diagram, you can't get it right on the car. Copy down the entire hazard circuit and only the hazard circuit on to another piece of paper. Start at battery, go through fuses, etc. Draw everything until you get to ground.

Now you are ready to wire it.

The thing is that I've got an aftermarket wiring harness from ez wiring. I initially had them working and went through one wire at a time on the car because everything from the day running lights to inside lights had been working. As far as a diagram, the harness is for gms so it was no help. I'm going to attach my brake light wires and see if what I read was correct. Otherwise, I don't see why it wouldn't work if the wire is getting power and I plug it to a switch with a ground.