• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Are most illegal immigrants working and paying taxes?

A little off topic but one of the things I like about sales tax vs income tax is everybody buys things no matter how you make your money.

• Like 6

^Yuk

So in terms of dumb ass thinking if I may,

The fact that two different conclusions with same reality depending on agenda can be debated proves the point. Seemed obvious now talking quantitatively "not that bad"?

We should be able to understand using imagination that regulation always costs , so keeping your doctor and plan with lower premiums was not going to happen.

Kind of like the thinking on CO2

Doubt that really cleared it up :) I tried

First off, I'm not pro or anti immigrant in this examination, I just want to know WTF is going on. It's been suggested it's common sense that illegals are what's driving up costs, and that is undeniable, but to what extent? I'm looking for evidence based information for why we're in this mess, not a bunch of polarized rhetoric form the establishment extremes.  The only way I know how to do that it to identify and clarify the real contributing factors. No doubt uninsured illegal immigrants are a cost factor, but I want to measure that impact using quantitative reasoning. 

I think the "dumb ass thinking" remark was an assumption that I was taking up a contrary position by asking for clarification or a credible source that backs up a particular statement. If it's "common sense" as heywier427 suggests than I should just know that it's true and that I must be using D.A.T. if I don't know it. 

BTW, I believe "reality" is a subjective internal construct, and no two people share the same one.

^ Excellent argument's he's making. Very strong debater. He was able to frame the argument as we all (normal people) need to bend our understanding of gender around the transexual's projected sexual identity. Once he did that the SIS girl was owned.

I have trans friends and clients and I don't get the sense they are suddenly deciding they're a different sex, not by a long shot. I think there is a decision of when they start living as their internally identified sex rather the one their external environment tells them. In many cases there are clear X Y male female chromosomal differences in trans people so there's strong evidence for a biological predisposition. Children who are born hermaphroditic (both sexes) are tested to find their predominant chromosomal makeup to best guide Docs and parents for infantile sexual assignment surgery. This has the highest success rate for positive sexual identity. Still some parents opt to let the child express their sexual identity and then perform the necessary surgery. When my wife and I were living on Yerba Buena Island, our upstairs neighbor was in his fellowship as a pediatric urologist at UCSF and Oakland Children's Hospital. He told me all about the ethics involved but damn, that requires some hard core pragmatic decision making. Crazy smart guy and totally down to earth. We owned a P.O.S. 28' Catalina sailboat together. Money pit.

• Like 2

In Italy,.........http://www.ibtimes.com/should-women-get-days-periods-menstrual-leave-policy-debated-italy-2516411

"Italy’s Parliament is debating a national policy that would allow women to take time off from work due to painful periods. The “menstrual leave” legislation would require companies to give women three paid days off each month"

You know this will pop up in California some time later this year.

In Italy,.........http://www.ibtimes.com/should-women-get-days-periods-menstrual-leave-policy-debated-italy-2516411

"Italy’s Parliament is debating a national policy that would allow women to take time off from work due to painful periods. The “menstrual leave” legislation would require companies to give women three paid days off each month"

Yes, but in cali it will only apply to illegal immigrant transgender women

• Like 2

Headline reads:

"Italy's gender re-assignment rates strangely triple in recent month"

Lorena Gonzales - Fletcher introduced a bill that would pay for Tampons. 

California is a bloody mess! 

• Like 1

nooooooo! these great people greatly contributed to Trump winning the election!

Embattled DNC Asks All Staffers For Resignation Letters

Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez has launched a major reshuffling of the party's organization that has been stung by recent crisis — and the DNC has requested the resignation letters of all current staffers be submitted by next month.

Party staff typically see major turnover with a new boss, but the mass resignation letters will give Perez a chance to completely remake the DNC's headquarters from scratch. Staffing had already reached unusual lows following a round of layoffs in December.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/embattled-dnc-asks-all-staffers-resignation-letters-n739676

• Like 1