best place to live in u.s. for Nissan scene/ good race tracks

That makes more sense.

Especially now that I see you're only 25. I personally love central Texas and the Hill Country. If I ever leave Southeast Texas, that's where I'm headed. Plus, if you position yourself just right, you'll be owning a home close to a couple race tracks, 30 minutes from great food, with some of the most fun roads you've ever driven, and surrounded by colleges.

I think if I was 25, that'd be a pretty sweet setup.

Is that near San Antonio?

I met some kids down there when I was on route and ended up at a fun house party. I love the people in texas!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hill Country area is.  When I talk about Central Texas I mean North of there.  More Temple/Killeen  area.  It's all pretty awesome country.  I like the weather here in the Southeast a bit more, but that's just because I am used to breathing water.  I don't like dry air.

Jomz

I know car people.

You go to car shows and you find out they dont work on there car. Somebody else does. Esp the higher end cars.

As for on the Road part. If one is gone too often better to have a Apartment so when the water line breaks Yougot a landlaord and your not fixing shit and or worried about your car friends indirectly ripping you off as you gone from town.

My 2 story 4 bed room 2 bath house with finished cellar + 2 story 3 car garage on 4 acres with no neighbors in front or back and 100meters neighbors to each side beyond the tree line house for 130k back in '90. Really, who cares about tracks and a Nissan scene when  Boston is < than an hour away, the ocean < than 45 minutes as well as New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Hunting? right out my front door 8>)

Washington, especially the Puget sound area,, is horrible. I hear great things about Oregon though.

Oregon sucks. Horrible weather. Hippies. Hipsters. And a really boring race track. 

The roads suck too. Anti-lowrider establishment. 

Texas sounds great though. 

• Like 2

The grass is always greener Shakes. The only problem is, once you get there you'll realize your in Atlanta, or worse yet Ohio. The Bay Area didn't put you in debt man, so if you had trouble controlling your spending here, do you really think moving is going to fix that? I earn less than you, have two kids, live simply, and own a house in the Bay Area, so I know it's possible. There are more tracks, auto-x, race clubs, sick ass back roads, Import scenes, Datsun events, and support for all those addiction in NorCal that you can possibly take advantage of. The question is, are you unhappy because you aren't taking advantage of what you have right here? 

Picture this, it's mid summer, it's 97 degrees with 80% humidity for the 10th day straight. Now see yourself there sweeting balls, you're clicking your heals together crying "There's no place like home, there's no place like home".

• Like 2

Picture this, it's mid summer, it's 97 degrees with 80% humidity for the 10th day straight. Now see yourself there sweeting balls, you're clicking your heals together crying "There's no place like home, there's no place like home".

97 pshhhh...  107 is more like it.  It keeps the yankees out.  And yes you have to have gills to breath in the summer.  Then again, my nose bleeds if the humidity gets bellow 50% for too long.  I love it here and I agree, there's no place like home.  I could see moving to another part of Texas, and I love visiting other states, but I'll always be the guy FROM Southeast Texas.

My 2 story 4 bed room 2 bath house with finished cellar + 2 story 3 car garage on 4 acres with no neighbors in front or back and 100meters neighbors to each side beyond the tree line house for 130k back in '90. Really, who cares about tracks and a Nissan scene when  Boston is < than an hour away, the ocean < than 45 minutes as well as New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Hunting? right out my front door 8>)

It's less than a half day drive to NH Speedway, Limerock and Watkins Glenn from where I am...only problem is I sold my race car.

Countless SCCA Hillclimb Events too, you have to man-up for Winter though and it's only a 6-7 month a year Datsun driving environment.

The grass is always greener Shakes. The only problem is, once you get there you'll realize your in Atlanta, or worse yet Ohio. The Bay Area didn't put you in debt man, so if you had trouble controlling your spending here, do you really think moving is going to fix that? I earn less than you, have two kids, live simply, and own a house in the Bay Area, so I know it's possible. There are more tracks, auto-x, race clubs, sick ass back roads, Import scenes, Datsun events, and support for all those addiction in NorCal that you can possibly take advantage of. The question is, are you unhappy because you aren't taking advantage of what you have right here?

True true, but every house in the bay area is like over 400k.

And then you have to pay like 6,000 of property tax each year which is over 500 bucks a month.

Property tax alone is like paying rent.

In Atlanta the property tax is like 400 bucks a year.

If I bought a house out right my overhead would be about

Food 300

Elec. And water 150

Internet 50

Property tax 50

Car insurance 100

I'm sure there might be some more stuff but ya its like under 800 after EVERYTHING.

I would barely even need to work. I could basically retire at age 27.

If I worked for a year and made 90k I could take like 7 years off.

Oh to be young and optimistic. You can count on one thing Shakes, reality follows you where ever you go. I would imagine it will cost a lot more to keep yourself entertained there. No disrespect to Atlanta, or you man, but if you're looking for happiness you need to change your self, not your environment. You never know though, a new environment may offer a fresh place to reinvent yourself. I hope you find what you're looking for. 

^Very true.  There are a lot of good things in and around Spokane, but FUCK LIVING IN MY GHETTO!  I've started getting things moving towards getting the heck out of my poverty and drug-ridden streets, even though my three neighbors and I have spent a lot of time patrolling the neighborhood and watching out for the normal folks.  Still, I'm getting tired of it.  I'd rather be in Idaho, I'd rather have fewer neighbors, I'd rather not have a meth house on each block surrounding me.  Just getting tired of that shit and no matter how you try to improve that situation, you fight a losing battle because it's high rental and low income housing.  My house only cost 90k when I bought it.  Decently big house and triple oversize lot.  Downside: location.

Who needs Suzie Orman & Cramer. This guy is a financial wizard

Ya ya its silly fast math and Obviously I'd have other things to spend money on.

Give me a break it's my first house. And financially I'm doing better then people twice my age.

But look at the big picture.

450k house w 6k property tax vs

80k house w 400 dollar property tax.

If I'm looking to keep my overhead costs low then renting or owning a home with high property tax is out of the question.

True true, but every house in the bay area is like over 400k.

And then you have to pay like 6,000 of property tax each year which is over 500 bucks a month.

Property tax alone is like paying rent.

In Atlanta the property tax is like 400 bucks a year.

If I bought a house out right my overhead would be about

Food 300

Elec. And water 150

Internet 50

Property tax 50

Car insurance 100

I'm sure there might be some more stuff but ya its like under 800 after EVERYTHING.

sewer-150

garbage-20

property insurance-100

gas(if you get somewhere that uses it, if not, expect electricity to go up)-100

phone-depends on carrier

random shit fucking up-?? could be 10 bucks, could be 10 grand depending on what it is.

not that i'm saying it a bad idea(especially since I bought my house at 25, i'm 27 now) but houses can get spendy quick man.  I only pay 695 for my mortgage, but I have another 800 bucks or so going out in bills every month on top of that.  and definitely stay away from Washington and Oregon, southern states are where you wanna go.