What are you listening to???

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, IZRL said:

"Come A Little Closer", by Cage The Elephant. Here's a catchy tune that sounds like it came out in the 60s but was actually written and released in 2013.

sounds like Oasis or Stone Roses 

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 2
31 minutes ago, bananahamuck said:

sounds like Oasis or Stone Roses 

These kids sounds like Yes and Zeppelin had a butt baby.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, paradime said:

These kids sounds like Yes and Zeppelin had a butt baby.

They sound lke ass, IMHO..  I really dislike this band.

The middle part of that song is a direct lift of Ramble On.

• Like 3

I'll leave you guys tonight with this Blonde Beauty!  "Jolene" by Dolly Parton. I like to take people out of their comfort zones (genres). Great song in my opinion.

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 2
On 4/26/2024 at 3:32 AM, IZRL said:

"Stick it to the Man", by Harley Poe.  Ok one more. This song was an accidental find for me, since I don't listen to very much PUNK.

The title is "Stick It In The Man. Contemporary  Folk Punk bands like Harley Poe are all riding the coat tails of The Violent Femmes from the early 80s.

• Like 2

I call this song, the song that could have been. This song was in the movie "The Great Gatsby". This foxtrot version was just meant to be a short version that was played in the movie. It was never finished. Which is why it sounds so choppy. The version that came out in the soundtrack was more modern and more melancholy (not as good IMO). Man, if only they would have finished this version. 

Edited by IZRL

I don't know if any of you guys are following the beef between Drake and Kendrick Lamar, but these 2 are seriously at it.

Bro from the upper middle class suburbs of Toronto Canada.

Bro from the hard life of Compton.

I have a couple old Ventures albums, they had a cool sound. I also had a Beach Boy's compilation 2 album set with all those car songs which I may very rarely hear at a car show. I have noticed that they play old stuff but not much in the way of car or driving songs when your there to look at cars. I'm trying to make a collection of such songs, any suggestions?

• Like 1

Little old lady from Pasadena is also a car song, don't for get Commander Cody and his lost planet airmen doing Hot rod Lincoln. I was  brought back to this when Spotify suggested Monte Carlo by Carlton Stone and it kind of felt nostalgic to me and I wondered how many car and driving songs are there that I don't know about.

• Like 1

So just after I logged out to go and help wife in the yard she asked what I was doing so I told her about my post and she says Carlton Stone it nice he invited her to go to the pub in Iona on a Wednesday night. She was volunteering at the local theater and he was performing. He's from Cape Breton and so is her family so they chatted, she felt silly when she asked which pub then realized this was Iona, there is only one pub. Expanding on the driving theme there is the song that comes up whenever I do a search, The Cars: Drive and this one which I like much better.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Rustbin said:

I have a couple old Ventures albums, they had a cool sound. I also had a Beach Boy's compilation 2 album set with all those car songs which I may very rarely hear at a car show. I have noticed that they play old stuff but not much in the way of car or driving songs when your there to look at cars. I'm trying to make a collection of such songs, any suggestions?

OK yes, I went a little overboard making this playlist, but here are a few songs you can add to yours. If you want songs about Chevys, you'll have to look uo Little Red Corvette yourself. LOL  

Carl Sonny Leyland - Beat up ford, The Swamp Shakers - Hot Rod Rocket, Chuck Berry - Maybellene, Hot Rod Lincoln, Leon Smith - Little Forty Ford, Eddie Cochran - Something, Else and Summertime Blues,  Marvin Jackson - 56 V8 Ford, Europe - Danger On The Track, Dick Dale - Hot Rod Racer, Hayden Thompson - Fairlane Rock, Jerry Lee Lewis - Crown Victoria Custom '51, Rusty Draper - Pink Cadillac, Jaguars - Feeling, The Shangri-Las -Leader Of The Pack, Speed Racer theme song, Jimmy Dolan - Hot Rod Race, Brian Setzer - Gotta Have The Rumble and Peroxide Blonde in a Hopped Up Model Ford, The Ripcords - Hey Little Cobra, Golden Earring - Radar Love, Deep Purple - Highway Star, B Boys - 409 and Shut Down, Eddie & The Flatheads - Flat Head Ford,  Jan & Dean - Little Old Lady From Pasadena and Dead Man's Curve, Alabama – Five O’Clock 500, War - Low Rider, Foghat - Slow Ride, Rufus Thomas - Rocket 88, Wilson Pickett - Mustang Sally, Johny Cash - General Lee and One Piece at a Time, John Hiatt - Thunderbird, Stepnwolf - Born To Be Wild, George Thorogood & The Destroyers - Ride On Josephine, Springsteen - Racing in the streets,  Primus - Jerry Was a Race Car Driver, George Harrison – Faster, Mark Knopfler – Speedway at Nazareth and The Car Was the One, The Charlie Daniels Band – The Intimidator, John Whiteleather & The King Rats - Cadillac Attack, Hawkshaw Hawkins - Car Hoppin' Mama, Sorry, but I had to close it out with Ministry - Jesus Built My Hotrod. 

• Thanks 1