I knew Datsun guys were cheap but...

I found it quite appalling that someone I do not know would ask me to steal parts for him from a junkyard, then send said stolen parts to him across states. The advice and knowledge I was passing on to him wasn't enough, I should also risk getting caught stealing for his gain... selfish and insulting. Perhaps I was too eager to help with advice. He's got some other member willing to do the deed, so he'll probably get his parts still.

-Robert

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone cheats and steals. Unless you have some cut off point like under a dollar or 10 cents or whatever. Get the wrong change back? What did you say to yourself? I deserve it, the store's a crook, don't want to get someone in trouble? Find a quarter? If you took it then what if the owner came back looking for it. It's not theft if you don't get caught? We all cheat and steal it's a matter of degree. Up to you to decide if you will or will not and if you do how much.

"I never fucked no one................................................... who didn't have it coming."  Tony Montana.

• Like 3

I got caught shop lifting while shopping with my Mom when I was a kid. I grabbed a piece of bubble gum from the penny candy counter at Thriftys.

The manager saw me snake it and called my Mom out on it. She beat my ass all the way home.

Everytime we stopped at a light she would reach over and smack me right up side the head. I don't think I ever took anything after that without paying for it.

Well except maybe a little bacon when no one is looking

• Like 3
Guest Rick-rat

Everyone steals, especially time. How many of you can honestly say you give 100 % at work. I sure can't while I was working, They were lucky to get 3 hours a day from me and about an hour on weekends for time and a half and some days no work at all

• Like 2

Everyone steals, especially time. How many of you can honestly say you give 100 % at work. I sure can't while I was working, They were lucky to get 3 hours a day from me and about an hour on weekends for time and a half and some days no work at all

With my line of work it's more like breaking even  :rofl:

I think we've covered this before.  Our local yards have gotten so anal about charging for every little thing that I occasionally pocket a small trim ring or a knob, or a stupid piece of plastic something very tiny like a spark plug wire separator.  It used to be they were cool, now they seem to nickel and dime you for everything, except it's dollars and five dollars, not nickel and dimes.  It annoys me they assign a value to a trinket useless to only an enthusiast when you're buying $100 worth of parts and you're NOT a methhead trying to keep your meth-mobile running.  And bolts go without saying.  Generally however, I try not to steal.  It's bad practice.

• Like 2

That's what's wrong with society.

I guess I don't get it. I've been self employed most of my life.