Project Datstang

Bory

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys went to Pomona, didn't find much that was Datsun, saw a 510 more door that was just a clean driver, a 510 goony, that had way too big of a tire on it on all four,

And this thing-

B70767BA-3E45-403F-82A3-8C03C0080EC3_zps

• Like 2

BH's is making me some adjustable custom tension control bars, and that should complete the front susp. He might send that and the brake parts at the same time. 

You'll need the bars for the alignment....they'll be sent as soon as they're done.....sometime this week.  Adjusters come in on tuesday.  If I can get the other pieces made by then, I'll ship wednesday.

• Like 2

E1B8F561-BDC8-4857-90ED-7701FE4543B3_zps

Now that the engine is resting between the frame rails,

It had to move inside, notice the 1958 Schwinn in the fore ground? That's gonna be a quickly restore I might feature on here.

• Like 4

Is it for test parts? Like you use it?

It's actually for foundry work.....making mold patterns, but it is used for test parts like I'm using it for.  It was free, so I figured I'd use it for this type of thing.  I had no clue at the time what it was or that it was for this type of work.  I wish I had enough to do the rotor adapter, too.

• Like 2

I got them done today.  They'll get shipped tomorrow.  Got the four end pieces made and thought I was done, then realized that two of them were supposed to have left hand threads.....so I had to make two more. lol  I'm not too bright.

IMG_4016.jpg

IMG_4015.jpg

IMG_4014.jpg

IMG_4013.jpg
  • Like 5

Bory, I am anxious for you to report on how you like the front suspension. I watched the movie The Martian last night (really recommend it if Ratsuners have not seen this yet). Anyway, a dude is stuck on Mars and they call in a team of McGuyvers from JPL to save his ass. I couldn't help but think if I were stuck on Mars I would want Mr Bluehands working feverishly in the garage somewhere trying to design a "fix" - Mike Klotz's work on the a-arms and balljoint pieces looks superb.

These parts are as overbuilt as his one-off special bandsaw!!!

• Like 3