Project Datstang

Bory

30E6F4E0-3735-4B38-8526-269907230552_zps

Wow I'm blown away with this master by no other than Wilwood! Notice that sweet adjustable proportioning valve!

It's gonna go with master brake parts stainless 7" booster.

As they say - pics to come

• Like 4
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure that's more than just a proportioning valve.  I think it's a combination valve.  Along with the prop valve and pressure switch(tells if one circuit goes bad), there's also a hold off valve that helps to make sure the rear brakes are engaged before the fronts to help avoid nose dive.  Factory brake setups have them.....this should just be Wilwood's version with the addition of being adjustable.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that's more than just a proportioning valve. I think it's a combination valve. Along with the prop valve and pressure switch(tells if one circuit goes bad), there's also a hold off valve that helps to make sure the rear brakes are engaged before the fronts to help avoid nose dive. Factory brake setups have them.....this should just be Wilwood's version with the addition of being adjustable.

• Like 1

BH's

You are correct on all accounts, but I was just giving the abbreviated Discription, I just love the way it looks!

I didn't want to put it away. It's cool cus you can put the prop. valve on either side of the master, just have to get the opposite side bracket.

• Like 2

No pics to update with today.  I mounted up the stock parts to verify the track width.......I'm going to need to shorten the UCA/LCAs by 1/2".  Shouldn't be much of an issue, but things can snowball with changes like that.  

Got the second UCA cut today.....1/2" shorter than yesterdays.  I'll modify yesterday's when I get a chance.  Got about 1/3 of the way through the 3rd UCA and the endmill got really dull.....during the process of swapping in another endmill, I killed a brand new one. :(  I've got one more and it's set up now, but I don't have time to run anything else.

I did post a vid to IG if you really want to see something. :)  Same as my youtube... bluehandsvideo......time to sleep!! :)

• Like 1

That's fine on the no sound,

I found myself making my own sound,

Mostly starting with words like

- mother------!!

And son -- - -----!

Great work Blu Hands!

I'm so excited!

• Like 2

Thanks.  I think by now, it's pretty obvious that I won't quite make the April 1st deadline......but it's not cause I was sittin' on my butt.  I'll still be pushing to get it done asap!!  I've got two more tension control rod plates to cut on the mill.....then I can start cutting the LCAs....I'll cut the mock up one first and put everything together to make sure it's right.  Then I can start welding things together and the ball joint setup will be done.  Then I can put all my efforts into the brake parts.  They're going to be a challenge, so I didn't want any other distractions when doing them.....so ball joint stuff off my back first. :)

• Like 1

BDA22093-56D7-452A-A552-378CE7379697_zps

So I got all these assorted tranny bits, nice, but where is my AOD that can withstand 450 HP Jegs!? COME ON!

What can brown do for me?

Bring me my go fast parts already!!

• Like 2

Did this thread get taken over by Mr .( Bory) Tanker .  :poke:

I never saw you going this far  I remember this build from the start , I wasn't sure about the sbf in the 521 . And then At one point you had it up for sale, and that's when I must of stopped following .

But you've done us v8 powered datsun owners proud ! And I love the things you've done as of late , one piece power windows ,  :thumbup:   coil overs  :thumbup:  the steering column and dash  :thumbup:

Anyway , following once again , keep up the great work !  

• Like 2