Project Datstang

Bory

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Up front?????!!!  I assumed rear since you mentioned a 4 link.  I just went back and noticed you have 4 of them.  You should probably get one of those to me asap.  The work I'm doing on the ball joint suspension is based on stock shock and torsion bar.   

• Like 2

000A106F-3FB6-452A-8C2A-8AF80314109C_zps

Worked on installing shock kit, also from ride tech.

Shock angle is at 25 degrees, max suggested, to get less than that I would have to raise the shock bar, which would raise the bed hump I have to build. So I just settled right at 25 degrees of angle.

Well you can go thru all the hassle of finding a GM tilt wheel,trying to cut it down to size, cutting all the factory junk off and then going to these guys anyways to rebuild all the junk that makes worth installing into the new hot rod. Then spending money on there bitchin billet mounting pieces. It's all these guys do, it's the best on the market, it fit the budget, so why not! Plus if it were cheap, we would all do it right?

• Like 1

So true, you can spend hours upon hours modifying something else to fit, and never be fully happy with it, or buy something already perfected and ready to go.

However some people don't see their own time invested as part of the whole builds total cost.

There is never one true way to modify a car, and that is what I love about it, you can sit down and brainstorm with a group of people about coming up with a solution for a problem and get back ten different possible ways to get an end result.

• Like 1

Well said Stoney!

The best part of your argument, is when there is a specialty vendor that makes a great solution to the problem, well it makes perfect harmony. After all the money being dumped into this thing! There's 2 things I'm not cutting corners,

1. Is steering

2. Is brakes

Cus those are the two things that can make all this go bad real quick.

• Like 2

seeing you have to cut the bed anyway, why don't you put a proper flowing notch on the rear end and tie in with a tube crossmember for the coli over mounts? Personally don't feel the small C notch in the frame is doing it properly and is only really seen on US builds. Seen as totally unroadworthy here in Oz.

By the way build has gone into a new gear. enjoy seeing the updates.

Ya I hear ya, but keep in mind that the frame rail is of boxed in design, which makes it way stronger, plus now that the leaf springs are gone all engine torque is now in front of the notch, thanks to the new 4 link, huh?