• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

if you'll excuse me I need to return to my homework on the evaluation of cost alternatives which delves into such subjects as how much more construction project managers make than dealership mechanics and how overpriced architectural stone-workers are compared to teh precast stuff.

Precast?   the stuff will disintegrate in 15 years if it is cut with acrylic, stucco and cement GARENFUCKINTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

the best Mc Mansions use concrete. 

Don't you kinda wanna kill everyone around you in that biz?

614601-mcmansion.jpg

no I got an internship with McGuire and Hester, $21.50 an hour with a company truck and gas card.

Swinerton did me a favor and they knew it.

That's less than I make. Have fun with that.

Theory...flawed.

Me too, and I are just machinist.

So how long you have a career there college boi?

• Like 2

so we all know this is an internship right? Hourly, no benefits, paid to learn. Starting salary in the business is typically $60k-$70k plus about $40k in Benefits.

So what your saying is that IF you get your degree and a job at this place you will make a living wage for California?

• Like 1

I'm gonna send them my resume, I want that gas card and f 150. 

they do heavy civil and are union. you do much union concrete?

So what your saying is that IF you get your degree and a job at this place

there is no if here, the numbers I quoted are an industry standard and every company is deperate for people because the Bay area economy has exploded. every crane in the Bay is in use right now.

HumboldtCountyLine_350-300x300.jpg?31210

I've hitchhiked past it many a time in the 90's and picked up a shitload of hithikers binging Ol' Yella from Grant's Pass to Santa Rosa via Hwy 101. at one point I had two guys in the back and one in the cab with me... what a stink. Shame is a I don't smoke pot these days and that's all they had.

there is no if here, the numbers I quoted are an industry standard and every company is deperate for people because the Bay area economy has exploded. every crane in the Bay is in use right now.

If all the cranes are in use then why not be a crane operator? Make money the whole time you learning a trade and have a skill that is transferable, not to mention they make 30+ an hour starting.

• Like 1

unions.jpg

I'll do anything for money,  Grave markers, trashcan molds, Tire Damage rigs.

Put in a word for me !

I've hitchhiked past it many a time in the 90's and picked up a shitload of hithikers binging Ol' Yella from Grant's Pass to Santa Rosa via Hwy 101. at one point I had two guys in the back and one in the cab with me... what a stink. Shame is a I don't smoke pot these days and that's all they had.

i dont smoke either, i just made 10,000 blades of grass, in a month and a week "landscaping"   :ninja:

If all the cranes are in use then why not be a crane operator? Make money the whole time you learning a trade and have a skill that is transferable, not to mention they make 30+ an hour starting.

haven't you heard my mantra?

I will work until I am dead because I am poor

I will one day be too old to swing a hammer

when I am too old to swing hammer I will have to be a manager

I should just train to do what I will have to do

I will train to be a manager