(INSOMNIACS) balls deep.

Just dredged this up:  Paul Harvey and Brad Pitt, how about that?!

Famous Oklahomans:

Johnny Bench baseball player, Oklahoma City

John Berryman poet, MacAlester

Garth Brooks singer, Tulsa

Jeremy Castle singer, Blanchard

Iron Eyes Cody Cherokee actor

Gordon Cooper astronaut, Shawnee

Ralph Ellison writer, Oklahoma City

James Garner actor, Norman

Owen K. Garriott astronaut, Enid

Vince Gill singer, Norman

Chester Gould cartoonist, Pawnee

Woodrow Wilson Woody Guthrie singer, composer, Okemah

Ike,Taylor, Zac Hanson music, Tulsa

Roy Harris composer, Lincoln Cty

Paul Harvey broadcaster, Tulsa

Van Heflin actor, Walters

Tony Hillerman author, Sacred Heart

Ron Howard actor, director, Duncan

Karl Guthe Jansky engineer, Norman

Ben Johnson actor, Pawhuska

Jennifer Jones actress, Tulsa

Jeane Kirkpatrick diplomat, Duncan

Shannon Lucid astronaut, Bethany

Mickey Charles Mantle baseball player, Spavinaw

Reba McEntire singer, McAlester

Shannon Miller Olympic gymnast, Edmond

Bill Moyers journalist, Hugo

Daniel Patrick Moynihan N.Y. senator, Tulsa

Patti Page singer, Clarence

Brad Pitt actor Shawnee

Tony Randall actor, Tulsa

Oral Roberts evangelist, Ada

Dale Robertson actor, Oklahoma City

Will Rogers humorist, Oologah

Dan Rowan comedian, Beggs

Robert Stemmons whistler, Tulsa

Maria Tallchief ballerina, Fairfax

James Francis Jim Thorpe athlete, Prague

Jeanne Tripplehorn actress, Tulsa

Ted Shackleford actor, Tulsa

Wilma Mankiller Cherokee chief, Tahlequah

Thank you for supporting my case that Oklahoma is nearly as bad as Alabama and worse than Florida.

I'll stick to the best coast and consider visiting the least coast, the rest of the country I'll just fly-over and let pay taxes and die for my cheap oil.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am just floored.  Forget about Oklahoma.  I was digging around on the internet and was looking at the moron that is Sarah Palin, and I found out she was born in Sandpoint, Idaho.  Motherfucker.  Just when I thought Idaho was clear.  Oh no.  No wonder there are all the public service ads suggesting Idaho get to an educated state.  Been a big push to not fall behind Alabama.  (Actually I'm not sure where we are on the list, but it has been near the bottom.)  And yes, I'm in Washington, but I grew up in Coeur d' Alene.  Sandpoint is an hour north.

Utah is nice but it gets a little boring and there are weirdo religious fanatics there who are numerous enough to swing the vote in odd ways (plus they believe their underwear is magical)

never been to Ohio but seems like Gummo and American Splendor's Harvey Pekar can't be too inaccurate.

yeah I know more than one kid whose folks came out here in the Summer of Love from New York and never went back. Seems like there are more jews in Sebastopol than Brooklyn. I like to greet 'em with an Assalam O Alaikum and see how they react.

wish all Californians would move back to upstate New York

My main hatred goes to the assholes that move from that cesspool known as LA to ''get away from it all'', then buy their way onto a small town's board of supervisors and try to run amok with huge shopping centers and big box stores. These idiots supposedly hated city life but feel the need to turn the town into the abortion they left.

Everyone who visits Utah does it for all of the places that most people don't live. The landscape is fantastic.

I stopped in SLC overnight when I was moving to Colorado. Actually spent 1 1/2 days there. Gorgeous. Snow-capped mountains 360*. 

The streets downtown, every street, is 6 lanes wide-most one ways.And they sparkle; like diamonds.

Everything is covered in marble. All different colors. Weird art everywhere, but all really neat.

It felt like the .0001% that are above the rest of the 1% made their own little sandbox.

If you have never been it is hard to describe. It is a mind-fuck. 

Retro-money everywhere, over-populated by Amish runaways. 

Not a cop to be seen anywhere. After checking out THAT aspect I went and grabbed my BMX bike from the hotel. 

As fast as I bunny hopped on to marbled ledge 5 unmarked cars all blazed with berries and cherries. 

Not like Crown Vics and Chargers unmarked. Tahoes with soccer-mom stickers. Lowered Civics. A beetle. A mid-80's Chevy pickup. 

You will NEVER see them coming.

You can't buy alcohol within city limits after 10:00PM. 

My hotel room overlooked the Morman temple. I had to pass it every time I wanted to go anywhere. 

Most of the buildings are all 2 or 3 stories tall. But 5 stories deep. 

All roads led to Union Station. 

My main hatred goes to the assholes that move from that cesspool known as LA to ''get away from it all'', then buy their way onto a small town's board of supervisors and try to run amok with huge shopping centers and big box stores. These idiots supposedly hated city life but feel the need to turn the town into the abortion they left.

sounds like Vacaville

• Like 2