(INSOMNIACS) balls deep.

Anyone know of a great comfortable set of steel toe work boots. Walking on concrete and steel at times. Have high arches. 10-12 hours a day 5-6 days a week. Will spend up to $300. I see some wolverine durashocks.have some keens and danners. Alright my breaks over.

redwings,

there are these badass, Australian engineering / work boots called "black widows" but I can't find them anymore. No laces, never died got misplaced.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried a lot of different boots. For my feet, doc Martin's are the most comfortable. They wear out kind of fast, but they're not expensive.

I've spent my fair share of time on iron as well. These days I'm in a fab shop, but it's still on my feet all day.

• Like 1

I wear danners. I just got used to wearing them in the service for so many years that anything else feels kinda funky to me. I also like them because they are waterproof, which is nice where I live, I hate having wet feet. I can't handle a steel toe though, so I go with the composite stuff. The only part of my body that gets cold are my feet and fuck, do they ever get cold. The steel toe makes it worse. I'm glad I really don't need them.

However, yesterday morning I dropped a big block ford flywheel right on my big toe, while wearing romeo slippers AND my feet were cold. I did yell CUNT! At the flywheel, but it didn't seem to phase it any.

• Like 2

I used to get this awesome discount on them, that I think was given to all military, both retired and serving. It was over 50%. Either they got tired of me abusing the shit out of that and just discontinued it for only me, or they stopped doing it all together. Once a year, I would do a boot order for myself, my family and friends, it was a lot of boots.

• Like 3

I used to get this awesome discount on them, that I think was given to all military, both retired and serving. It was over 50%. Either they got tired of me abusing the shit out of that and just discontinued it for only me, or they stopped doing it all together. Once a year, I would do a boot order for myself, my family and friends, it was a lot of boots.

just another sad example of Americans patriots abusing the system.

my ex girlfriend about ten years ago would buy me cigarettes, booze and rolling papers with her Native American subsidized fun money. Of course that came to an end.

• Like 1

All mentioned boots are good, doc martins go best with red suspenders though

10064833.jpg?is=500,500

These are the ones I've had the most of. The little laces around the lip burn up if you use a torch a lot. Other than that great.

i-2.jpg

I've got these now cause I'm a boss, and they're easy to get on and off.

• Like 1

One piece of advice, I avoid boots with warm liners. They're nice in the winter, but it never fails that my heel rips the liner, and then they're a bitch to get off in the evening.

• Like 1

Do danners make slip ons? I had my one pair from the military. I used those til I walked through the sole, but I hate laces. I burn through them too fast. I've tried leather, parachord, you name it. I burn them in two and I get slag in my boot. I've been done with laces for a decade now.

• Like 1

quote name="Rhapakatui" post="1193598" timestamp="1420842479"]Do danners make slip ons? I had my one pair from the military. I used those til I walked through the sole, but I hate laces. I burn through them too fast. I've tried leather, parachord, you name it. I burn them in two and I get slag in my boot. I've been done with laces for a decade now.

sure, you can get these in a 5 or 3 inch and a few different shades.

http://www.danner.com/product/work/workman-romeo-gtxr-plain-toe-work-boots.html

• Like 1

One piece of advice, I avoid boots with warm liners. They're nice in the winter, but it never fails that my heel rips the liner, and then they're a bitch to get off in the evening.

Just a note about the liners, I know what you're talking about, have had a lot of them do it, but never danners.

Just make sure you get them with a bit of room in them. Many wear boots too tight. Cuts circulation and makes for cold feet or calluses beside hard to take off. Always, always, always... loosen the laces fully before removing and you won't have trouble with water proof liners, stitches or insulation. Too many people pay good money for their boots and place their other toe against the heel and pry them off. Wrong! Same with jamming feet into them to get on.

If you are like me and work on your feet in all weather and terrain, get 1/2 size larger, (take a pair of work sox with you when you buy) change sox at least daily (carry spares at work) and always use wool or at least 80% blend. I always get insulated boots and place on a proper boot dryer every night, summer or winter. I leave mine at work and change for biking home. Never, never, never set boots on stove or electric baseboard heater. Air dry at room temp with a fan blowing on them. Keep them clean (ish) and apply spray on water repellant or leather dressing regularly.

• Like 2