(INSOMNIACS) balls deep.

For some reason this is/was the top post on shittycarmods on reddit.

PfaG8sM.jpg

Voting must have been done by a bunch of rednecks who prefer the monster truck behind it. "Dat durr ain't no truck, dat's useless!" "Lifted trucks er real trucks, bo, dey git er done!"   :no: :rolleyes:

On another note, forget low and high, the size difference between those two is ridiculous! AND PUZZLING. Why do car manufacturers thing we Americans have to have such a damn big truck? Even "small" trucks now are big as what fullsizes used to be. WHY? I like my little Datsun. Still able to haul stuff and it gets great fuel mileage!

• Like 2
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally speaking, people don't even know what the fuck they like. A handful will vote it as bad because it does not look like their beige accord and the rest will see it got a lot of negative votes and just follow along like the lemmings they are.

• Like 1

Yeah. Why suicide that rear door on the Ford?

cuz mini trucker...... I'm tired of the giant car shit in the states......all I see in that pic is one little dick and a guy with big enough balls to say I don't care what u fuck heads think

• Like 4

Made some experimental burritos...came out pretty damn tasty and vegetarian to boot (leftover veggie chili as my MIL doesn't eat beef).

0EBDF13B-4B46-4194-B981-E42049B32AFC-296

I got this new cooking technique the utilizes every expired condiment in the fridge. Heat, saute, stir, quaglate, restir, Off the chain!

The price mostly I think. The diesel is a gob more money and of course will get better mpg, but you sure have to drive a lot to make that up, considering diesel is so expensive now. I have 322k on my truck, I have probably paid for the engine by now (have not bothered to stop and do the math) but I bet it's JUST paid for. The mileage is nice, but I really got it so that I did not feel like some huge hill was a struggle when I was fully loaded. I like that I don't really even have to think about going over a pass these days, I just leave the cruise on most of the time. However, todays bigger gas mills are so much better than years past, I bet they do just fine.

The price mostly I think. The diesel is a gob more money and of course will get better mpg, but you sure have to drive a lot to make that up, considering diesel is so expensive now. I have 322k on my truck, I have probably paid for the engine by now (have not bothered to stop and do the math) but I bet it's JUST paid for. The mileage is nice, but I really got it so that I did not feel like some huge hill was a struggle when I was fully loaded. I like that I don't really even have to think about going over a pass these days, I just leave the cruise on most of the time. However, todays bigger gas mills are so much better than years past, I bet they do just fine.

looks like you've saved around $5,000 so far.  Very rough numbers.  But, and this is a big but, the Dodge Ram Diesel is only 8% more efficient than the Dodge with Gas.  The lowest diesel efficiency gain of any engine they looked at in this study.   A VW Golf gets a 44% gain over petrol!!  

But you will really need to consider the fact that you would likely be on engine #2 if it were a gas engine.  As well, you would likely have service receipts amounting to much higher than the fuel cost difference.  I like Diesel.  All of my work fleet is Cummins BioDiesel Dodge Rams.  

Either I have an absolutely amazing, one of a kind, prototype truck, or that study is fucked up. It has my truck as getting 14mpg. I don't even get that low when pulling that huge loaded trailer with my 5000 pound camper in the back. Actually, they are probably basing that on the newer trucks, my friend has a ram that is only a couple years old and he gets like 13 or 14 empty and 10 when pulling. Empty, I average 22 mpg, that is town and highway. On highway alone and empty, if I am really trying to get mileage, I can do quite a bit better.

• Like 1

I can't pile on too awful much, because I drive this. I do pull a 38 foot enclosed trailer that weighs 11k, with a huge slide in camper in the back though, so at least I have a reason.

pbdual.jpg

had a 06 with a 24v and a 6sp manulalthat i towed with to and fro the dunes ... i loved hauling 30 feet of trailer and pulling the hill at 80 passing people in the fast lane ... solfd it and boughtand finished  this ... 1 ton on the right ... big difference...

pictureload12-1-2008063-2.jpg

But you will really need to consider the fact that you would likely be on engine #2 if it were a gas engine.  As well, you would likely have service receipts amounting to much higher than the fuel cost difference.  I like Diesel.  All of my work fleet is Cummins BioDiesel Dodge Rams.  

I don't know much about diesel, but my 01 5.4L Triton had 170k and other than changing the plugs at 100K it never had a hiccup. I LOVED that truck. but dumping Franklins in the tank got old.