(INSOMNIACS) balls deep.

I need some opinions on set up. Right now this is what I am building. 2.2L stroker with u67 head and performance cam with plenty of lift (.535). 44mm Mikunis. non turbo zx transmission and 3.90 CLSD. 15 inch wheels with 195/50r15 tires. Datsun Comp suspension. So where I am running into trouble is the ride height. I don't like how high it sits with 15 inch wheels. It was designed as a track suspension so really I should be running 13 inch wheels. My logic is that this makes the the engine rev faster. If that is the case, should I upgrade to 50mm carbs? If it builds air velocity quickly enough then I could see them being not only more powerful, but also giving me a better power curve. Is my logic correct though?

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

I need some opinions on set up. Right now this is what I am building. 2.2L stroker with u67 head and performance cam with plenty of lift (.535). 44mm Mikunis. non turbo zx transmission and 3.90 CLSD. 15 inch wheels with 195/50r15 tires. Datsun Comp suspension. So where I am running into trouble is the ride height. I don't like how high it sits with 15 inch wheels. It was designed as a track suspension so really I should be running 13 inch wheels. My logic is that this makes the the engine rev faster. If that is the case, should I upgrade to 50mm carbs? If it builds air velocity quickly enough then I could see them being not only more powerful, but also giving me a better power curve. Is my logic correct though?

Oh you were serious????

Not sure what side of these two sentences the logic is aimed at. Stock 13" tires or equivalent (assuming these are used for racing) would be taller than the 15" 195/50R15 so they, (the 15" tire) would lower the actual over all rear gearing and give better acceleration and less top speed.  A 15" rim and tire is not necessarily taller than a 13" rim and tire.

Oh you were serious????

Not sure what side of these two sentences the logic is aimed at. Stock 13" tires or equivalent (assuming these are used for racing) would be taller than the 15" 195/50R15 so they, (the 15" tire) would lower the actual over all rear gearing and give better acceleration and less top speed. A 15" rim and tire is not necessarily taller than a 13" rim and tire.

No I meant 13 inch wheels with 175/50r13 tires so about 3 inches smaller in diameter.

The stock 510 rim and tire is 5.60 x 13" or in today's nomenclature about a 205x60R13 which is identical in height to your 195x50R15. Who ever selected them knew what he was doing. If your car's 'track suspension' was designed for 13' rims then what you have is indistinguishable from the stock 13" tires.

Yes smaller diameter tires would accelerate faster but so would 4.11 or 4.375 gears in the differential. 

What's wrong with the Accord?

Absolutely nothing,, if i had a daughter in high school that couldn't build or keep a vintage Datsun on the road,,, that is the exact car i would buy for her to drive.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like 1

That's what I'm on.  Fucking hate it.  Left a rant on my profile.  Considering backpage for hookers, just scared which ones might be cops.

You're doing it wrong then. 

Ease up, Brother. 

Problem...you're looking for love. They're looking for D. 

You're doing it wrong then.

Ease up, Brother.

Problem...you're looking for love. They're looking for D.

Its weird, the less you care, the more they do. One reason I never really dated, I really didn't give any fucks, literally.

• Like 1