How Would You Like to Be Remembered.....

.....here at Ratsun?

With all the political & celebrity icon passing lately most recently (RIP Nelson Mandela & Paul Walker & Lindsay Lohan & Justin beiber (just kidding), we just don't know when its time to go. Although, it is stupid to say "recently" when we deal w/ death everyday w/ (friend(s), neighbor(s), family member(s), co-worker/former co-worker(s), colleges, etc... But w/ Paul Walker's death got alot of us car enthusiasts gathered together & share our common traits....Cars, kids, hobbies, etc

It just got me thinking......I want to create this thread because not everyone here knows who is who, even though we have a list of members here.
I hope I dont scare everyone w/ this thread but unavoidable is unavoidable.

Im sure we all would like to be remembered as:
1) guy w/ a bad ass ride or a big dong (phun intended)
2) great person & a great dad/mom/son
3) great person who knows his shit.
4) etc

This thread will not only let others know who you/we are when we passed. For them noobs, this thread will also know who we are as of NOW.

Let me start off since i started this thread.

Im not mechanically nor electrically savy. Im still new to Datsun even though I've had one for over a year (still learning). So....,
Im d guy who traded this

7565867638_deebf4e428_z.jpg

for this
8001903936_3a92529eef_z.jpg

I cant deny i love Photoshop. & although Im still a noob at this...

I'd like to be known for these here:

9131108121_607b23f1b3_z.jpg

9403544051_d8c4bf0833_z.jpg

11302690036_b900b8478b_z.jpg

Wow!!! there's not a whole lot i can contribute here.

your turn?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's what I do to help people who need a hand, might be doing it hard, need an empathetic ear to bend, and through my participation in charitable activities and like stuff I want to be remembered for. Very few people know I do this stuff, and thats the way I like it!

A lot of my life is spent "rooting for the underdog", though I generally dont ever talk about it, but, you asked the question so I thought i'd answer.

Quick edit, an awesome dad for my two kids!

• Like 1

pls to meet you Ratwagon1600.

It's what I do to help people who need a hand, might be doing it hard, need an empathetic ear to bend, and through my participation in charitable activities and like stuff I want to be remembered for. Very few people know I do this stuff, and thats the way I like it!

A lot of my life is spent "rooting for the underdog", though I generally dont ever talk about it, but, you asked the question so I thought i'd answer.

Quick edit, an awesome dad for my two kids!

Pls to meet you Ratwagon1600. I think i remember you helping me out on one of my datsun question in the past. I want to thank you again.

I, too, would like to be remembered as an awesome dad to my daughter & son

• Like 1

This really doesn't have anything to do with Datsuns, this is about life, and death for that matter.

How would I like to be remembered, I would like to be remembered as "honest", no one can ever really own you if your honest, but it's likely I will not be remembered for being that, I will be remembered for a lot of other things, like good, bad, and stupid things, but in the end, I guess everyone will just want to be missed after they are gone.

I want to be remembered as     "OH THAT GUY" 

I had a young man at a car meet tell me once. When I grow up John I want to be just like you. I asked him why he would want that?

He said, Your the coolest "CAT" I know.  That's how I want to be remembered..

well john i dont even know u and u seem like a cool "kat" to the core...........love jon

some how i think after 5 k posts u would have a avatar though

You know I had one. But somehow I deleted it. And I'm so danm cool I don't think I really need one.

• Like 3

I want to be remembered as     "OH THAT GUY" 

I had a young man at a car meet tell me once. When I grow up John I want to be just like you. I asked him why he would want that?

He said, Your the coolest "CAT" I know.  That's how I want to be remembered..

John you are a kool cat period,this guy has been such a big help for me,it is not funny.Just dont die until at least i get the truck running again and then i can remember you as that guy that was always there for me.hahaha

• Like 1