anyone put an (early) 620 grill on 521?

Dawa

hey you mofos, 

i wanna see what it looks like, thats it. 

i dont have a 521, i dont NEED to know if it CAN be done, i just want to see it done. 

i dont care if the nose on a 521 might be smaller, i just want to see it done. 

if the 620 grill is too long horizontally, it could be trimmed. 

i ask because one of the things i dislike about the 521 is the headlight bezels. but i love

the early 620 grill. i think it could make it look pretty coo

theres gotta be some rat out there that has both trucks and thought "hmmm"

pics plz

go go go!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't care.  I've owned a 520 and switched it out to a square headlight set up with custum chrome grille and it was the shits.. Then again I'e owned 3 620's and have done lots of work on all.   Just love Datsun pick ups man.  All the styles.............

• Like 1

Really Dawa,you just got to hawaii and the sun is frying your brain or your smoking to much Pakalolo,620's suck i mean are nice trucks and why on earth would you want to put a 620 grill on a 521,say what you want haters but 620's are dime a dozen,they even make cheap china parts for them.That is all. And last i remember the last three shows the 521's beat out the 620's.hahahaha

• Like 1

Really Dawa,you just got to hawaii and the sun is frying your brain or your smoking to much Pakalolo,620's suck i mean are nice trucks and why on earth would you want to put a 620 grill on a 521,say what you want haters but 620's are dime a dozen,they even make cheap china parts for them.That is all. And last i remember the last three shows the 521's beat out the 620's.hahahaha

The 620 is the finest example Datsun ever made of a small truck. In every line, inside and out, it is both beautiful and elegant. It was lightweight, had a large simple, bullet proof engine relatively free of pollution controls, front disc brakes, ball joint suspension and had a 5 speed option. The 620 body was a marked departure from the 510/521/720 brick shape.

• Like 2

The 620 is the finest example Datsun ever made of a small truck. In every line, inside and out, it is both beautiful and elegant. It was lightweight, had a large simple, bullet proof engine relatively free of pollution controls, front disc brakes, ball joint suspension and had a 5 speed option. The 620 body was a marked departure from the 510/521/720 brick shape.

And your point.There still dime a dozen.I will give you ball joints and 5 speed,but same engine to start and the 521's had thicker metal.

• Like 1

And your point.There still dime a dozen.I will give you ball joints and 5 speed,but same engine to start and the 521's had thicker metal.

Dime a dozen? Do you mean inexpensive or plentiful? Even if I agree and the 620 was both, it doesn't change anything about their design and good looks does it? Rarity doesn't by itself make the 521 beautiful. Putting a 620 grill on won't either. 

The 521 started life with a J13 motor and was upgraded to an L16.....  

I owned a '72 for about 8 years and a '78 since '93, although haven't driven it in 5 years or so. When I had my 521 back in the '70s I remember seeing a 620 and it was love at first sight.

If it matters I asked a Japan magazine guy about bullet door and he said in Japan they call it style side , a unique style for a mini truck and I am old and remember the cruisers on Whittier blvd. ( I currently have two 521s one is forsale means nothing) ,here is more Rat poison .[url=http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/Alleycatgarage/media/100_1147.jpg.html]100_1147.jpg

Chances are nobody is going to see the other's side regarding 521 vs 620.  Personally, I love the 521 but don't care for the 620 body style.  It's like comparing the 510 to the 610 (go figure, right?).  Mixing their different body style cues is an abomination if you ask me :P

• Like 2

Mixing their different body style cues is an abomination if you ask me :P

Rarity doesn't by itself make the 521 beautiful. Putting a 620 grill on won't either.

This is as close to a 521 insult as I can get. I have a lot of respect for the 521, hell mine was my best friend in the early '80s. Easy to work on and cheap even swapped an L20B into it. It was a robust tank that absorbed tons of abuse.