anyone put an (early) 620 grill on 521?

Dawa

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dime a dozen? Do you mean inexpensive or plentiful? Even if I agree and the 620 was both, it doesn't change anything about their design and good looks does it? Rarity doesn't by itself make the 521 beautiful. Putting a 620 grill on won't either. 

The 521 started life with a J13 motor and was upgraded to an L16.....  

I owned a '72 for about 8 years and a '78 since '93, although haven't driven it in 5 years or so. When I had my 521 back in the '70s I remember seeing a 620 and it was love at first sight.

Mike im not arguing with you just for the record i like 620's i just still think the 521 got nicer lines,they so remind me of a 510 front end hence the reason why i bought 1 of them 2 of them.

yeah im buying a surf board tomorrow. truck doesnt get here til wednesday and i was gonna wait until then but i think i might be able to stuff a long board in the rental

• Like 1

Mike im not arguing with you just for the record i like 620's i just still think the 521 got nicer lines,they so remind me of a 510 front end hence the reason why i bought 1 of them 2 of them.

Hell I know that! I should have put a smiley face on my post. I've had both and Like the looks of the 620 more. A preference by definition can't be wrong.

• Like 1

The 620 really stood alone- it didn't follow the design lines of the 521 much at all, and the 720 followed the 521 more than the 620.  It was the only 1970s Japanese truck to follow the Japanese "curvy", rounded styling that the cars of the era had.  Toyota, Mazda, Isuzu- their 1970s pickups were more akin to the 521 than the 620.

• Like 1

so im guessing none of you are fans of the sunny truck with the skyline (hakosuka) front end? with your 'keep this in this and that in that'

n2d049_Nissan-Datsun-Sunny-Truck-hakosuk

yet a lot of yall have no problem swapping transplants, this, that, and the other  :poke:

• Like 1

HEY

If you don't like the subject - stay out of the FUCKING THREAD - what a bunch of dip shits :rofl:

Some of us like this subject, and really don't appreciate you talking about locking it just because you don't agree.

All you're doing is adding negative input - trying to cause a ruckus - to get a subject locked up that you don't like.

Is this why we need the Ratsun Nazi Police on here?

I really don't care if you think swapping grills, seats, transmissions, etc ... is all wrong.  Don't do it to yours then!

what

HEY

If you don't like the subject - stay out of the FUCKING THREAD - what a bunch of dip shits :rofl:

Some of us like this subject, and really don't appreciate you talking about locking it just because you don't agree.

All you're doing is adding negative input - trying to cause a ruckus - to get a subject locked up that you don't like.

Is this why we need the Ratsun Nazi Police on here?

I really don't care if you think swapping grills, seats, transmissions, etc ... is all wrong.  Don't do it to yours then!

This is as close to a 521 insult as I can get. I have a lot of respect for the 521, hell mine was my best friend in the early '80s. Easy to work on and cheap even swapped an L20B into it. It was a robust tank that absorbed tons of abuse.

The 620 grill is too pointed in the middle. 

Hell I know that! I should have put a smiley face on my post. I've had both and Like the looks of the 620 more. A preference by definition can't be wrong.

Man this is like Guess Who's Coming To Dinner. The 521 should have a 521 grill the 620 a 620 grill.

No where did call anyone a dip shit for swapping grils and no one has been insulted.  

No where is it implied or did I threaten to close this thread.

But stealthly slipped in a Sidney Poitier referance you did..  I know off topic again but now i gots a Poitier filmfest on my brain. 

They call meeeee ,,,,, Mr. Bananahamuck!

Someone should show B210 grill in 620 seems like a better fit style wise.