Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fuck that Austin,,,,  even if you got it running the rest of the parts will double the price of car..  And even then nothing electrical will work right.

Lucas refrigerators... the reason the English drink warm beer.

• Like 2

Owning many British cars over the years,I'm getting tired of hearing the

Lucas jokes,at least from people who've never owned one,but are wanting to get a reaction.

OTOH,if you've owned one,& had problems caused by Lucas parts,you have room to talk.

I've found that most times we replace a worn out Lucas part with a new Lucas-

part,& have no problems.Most of the problems come from people working on these cars that

don't know how to do it right (The dredded "DPO".

The '72 510 I had was the worst car that I've ever owned for electrical problems.

Lucas was universally disliked in North America for their electrical engineering shortcomings on British import cars. Like fram filters, it can't be all misdirected. The '50's term 'Made In Japan' used to mean the poorest quality imaginable.

• Like 2

Mike,

I'm not saying that it's not totally undeserved,just that people are

quick to blame it on Lucas,when many times it's the "mechanic's" fault.

Most problems can be traced to dirty/corroded connections.

So your argument is what exactly?   You hate people telling jokes about something that is in reality true??

evolve-this.jpg

I find it funny a guy owns "many" British cars and has never seen one in a junkyard in perfect condition other than the wiring can't be fixed by man nor beast. ... Or has been in a fire that somehow had started from under the hood..   Lupus alternators  followed closely by Lupus ignition amplifiers are the worst pieces of shit to ever cross a parts counter.

• Like 2

So your argument is what exactly?   You hate people telling jokes about something that is in reality true??

Please  reread my post - I said jokes told by people who've never owned a British car.  evolve-this.jpg

I find it funny a guy owns "many" British cars and has never seen one in a junkyard in perfect condition other than the wiring can't be fixed by man nor beast. ... Or has been in a fire that somehow had started from under the hood..   Lupus alternators  followed closely by Lupus ignition amplifiers are the worst pieces of shit to ever cross a parts counter.