Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pet hate - Someone has something they offer you to buy,you pay and they are able to reply to PM's on FB for that and then when you ask if they have a tracking # (paid registered post) and they're on FB but no reply........[/size]

I beleave there is a name for that........."typical"

a few months ago a buddy who works at a concrete company where I used to work called me to tell me that two of their drivers had driven two fully loaded mixer trucks (80,000lbs each) across a six ton bridge and destroyed it as well as damaging their mixer bowls enough to have to remove them for replacement.

some mixer companies will fire you for crossing a low-limit bridge, some won't. this company doesn't and the management actually told the other employees not to tease these guys because "everyone makes mistakes".

two days ago a twenty-eight year old guy was taking a piss behind one of the damaged drums that had been removed and was sitting at the plant when another guy went to destroy it with a bucket loader. the guy on the loader pushed the drum up against a concrete wall, never seeing the guy peeing behind it.

my buddy (who took over as head of their safety three days ago) was said the dead guy had a two month old daughter. for want of a nail.....

Sad and all but the loader guy should have checked. The two truck drivers were no more to blame than the dead guy's parents for having met 30 years ago. One way or another.... shit happens, and we seek connections to help make sense of it all. The living go on. Wonder how the loader guy feels? Sad...

• Like 1

I am a machinist, the large company that has owned our shop for the last 5 years is all about safety. All I have to tell anyone that has some stupid ass "safety idea" rule #1 if it's moving don't fucking touch it. Yet I can't tell you how many guys I've seen touch a moving part. Or the machinist that got her arm broken because she grabbed an air hose that was wrapping around the spindle of a machine A FUCKIN AIR HOSE!!!

It's easy to be safe, don't be stupid.

• Like 2