POST Craigslist eBay ads here...

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No engine, trans or interior. Used to be an old road race car. No logbooks...No proof it was actually a real race car. Looks like stock steel wheels. 

Bob Sharp faux paint job. Nice try :sneaky:

Yeah, "old" race car? Paint looks too new to have ever been used as a race car........looks cool tho........for about a G......

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/4582302485.html

V8 Datsun 510 - $4000 (Sherwood)

00q0q_1noxXWfzfkM_600x450.jpg

00V0V_fqIOyGNBXKN_600x450.jpg

'71 Datsun 510 4 dr with Buick 215 aluminum V8, 4bbl carb, 5 speed, LSD, lowered with slotted rear suspension, vented discs front, aluminum drums rear. Includes set of Kumho Victoracer autocross tires mounted on Western mags, spare Olds V8 and tranny, struts, shocks, etc. Text me at 503.539.1864.

Easier to just quote my own post sorry, it's down to $600 asking price now.  If I didn't have two 85 720's, an 89 D21, and a 95 D21 already, I'd be on it.

http://skagit.craigslist.org/cto/4585379602.html

More for the hilarity if the $8 is, as implied by the "rare", shorthand for $8000

If not, I hope I help someone score this for $8

http://skagit.craigslist.org/cto/4568594066.html

Another preserved 510?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4585306097.html

You know id believe it if not for the darker color fender and hood, and the amount over overspray under the car.   Near original yes, preserved, no.  Still nice though, hope someone picks this up and doesnt molest it. 

Another preserved 510?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4585306097.html

You know id believe it if not for the darker color fender and hood, and the amount over overspray under the car.   Near original yes, preserved, no.  Still nice though, hope someone picks this up and doesnt molest it. 

Looks like a pretty nice car regardless though I really don't get the 'preserved' term. I've heard of survivor, barn find, restored, resto-mod, etc. but had never seen the word 'preserved' used for a car until I came here. It's hard to say why the front parts are a slightly different shade, but does the fact that they've been repainted disqualify it as being preserved? Or is it the assumption that it was repainted due to some front end damage or something? I think 'survivor' when I see the word 'preserved' used and I definitely wouldn't call that car a survivor since the front end likely has been resprayed.

I truthfully think it was hit.  Guy probally got it from some old lady, or a estate being cleared, and thinks its all original.  I use the term preserved because thats what my cars original owner used, and the appraisers used when they appraised my car. My car even has the original windshield and headlights still.   I dont mind re-spray as my car was re-painted in a few spots due to rust, but i hate when people are not honest and open about things. Can also tell it has rust forming in rockers, new carpet, and i have a feeling it dont run and drive as great as he says (probally sat a long time).  Its worth around 10, its no show car like mine, but its a very nice 4 door that if cleaned up would be a great restored stock 510.  (JUST NEEDS FUCKING WHITE WALLS!)  I hate stock 510's when they dont have the white walls with the hub caps, they just dont look right for some reason.  

ALso i hate when people say only 100k miles, its like really you have documentation on that?  I got gas receipts and log books on mine from teh original owner, i know my milage is at 138k.  Just to hard to pass off bs information anymore.   I hope this 510 finds a great home, and does not get molested. 

http://bellingham.craigslist.org/cto/4586043620.html

Vintage 1973 Datsun PU - $500 (Blaine)

00A0A_2dRBXHu16Gu_600x450.jpg

00s0s_5kKZRNSACD1_600x450.jpg

01616_8Pn1szNILGS_600x450.jpg

00Q0Q_hH5BydjffcN_600x450.jpg

00M0M_hijXSBs515O_600x450.jpg

00000_8dY4BATUh5g_600x450.jpg

00N0N_ikliLwatjWk_600x450.jpg

00808_gujLOI7qxw6_600x450.jpg

!973 Datsu PU. Runs, drives, stops. Lost title, have paperwork to get it or use as donner truck. these old motors run strong and are getting hard to find. $500.00 OBO. Motor & tranny is worth that. call or text only. NO EMAIL will be returned
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 4586043620

• Like 1

I truthfully think it was hit.  Guy probally got it from some old lady, or a estate being cleared, and thinks its all original.  I use the term preserved because thats what my cars original owner used, and the appraisers used when they appraised my car. My car even has the original windshield and headlights still.   I dont mind re-spray as my car was re-painted in a few spots due to rust, but i hate when people are not honest and open about things. Can also tell it has rust forming in rockers, new carpet, and i have a feeling it dont run and drive as great as he says (probally sat a long time).  Its worth around 10, its no show car like mine, but its a very nice 4 door that if cleaned up would be a great restored stock 510.  (JUST NEEDS FUCKING WHITE WALLS!)  I hate stock 510's when they dont have the white walls with the hub caps, they just dont look right for some reason.  

ALso i hate when people say only 100k miles, its like really you have documentation on that?  I got gas receipts and log books on mine from teh original owner, i know my milage is at 138k.  Just to hard to pass off bs information anymore.   I hope this 510 finds a great home, and does not get molested. 

It's a slippery slope - if the couple of little things that don't appear to be stock are corrected and then it's resprayed in the original color does it become preserved?

As far as being honest and open about things, the car could very well have less than 100k miles and it could be the original owner. Even if it's not the original owner, what difference does it make? Hopefully the owner has documentation to back up his/her claims but it's impossible to tell from just looking at the pictures.