LI'l HOOKER 620

denmarkboy

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dig the crazy headers, but I'm not a fan of that style steering column.  I had buddy get impailed by a steering wheel when we were in high school from a Toyota Hilux with a similar style column.  He lived to tell about it, but he has a scar in the shape of a steering wheel on the chest and stomach.

thats my favorite to, i actually have some really close to that style already. they are boyd wheels, i need to put a couple on and see if i like em. here is what they look like on my custom 500IMAG0800_zps6fdbf609.jpg

omg love this thing 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, sorry had to take a chedder break !

so i said i was going to wait till canby to drop the new inner fenders onya , but here goes ! i cut out the inner fenders,( pics on last page) andi built a engine compartment out of sheets of polished stainless steel .i moved all the wiring . got the trans back the other day,should be a driver again by the end of the week.

IMAG2205_zps36fd39e5.jpgIMAG2204_zpsfb74fa8e.jpgIMAG2203_zpsa8b8181d.jpgIMAG2201_zpsc6f592a4.jpg

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

litttle update, live has been crazy lately!

I have been trying to get rid of the 5 lug adaptors for a while now, so i went out and got 3 different sets. the 1st set 15x 8 chevy rally wheels with 295/50/15 rear  &  265/60/15 fronts . 2nd set 15x9 prime wheels with 245/50/15 rear  & 225/50/15 front . 3rd set 15x10 weld racing 295/50/15 rear  & 225/50/15 fronts ( stretched ) . i am going with the 3rd set , and now its time  for the disk brakes !!

I also piced up a 12 gallon fuel cell, i am going to mount it between the frame rails and add a transfer switch so i can run both tanks .

also finished up the inner fenders and stainless work under the hood,IMAG2235_zps590c055a.jpgIMAG2291_zpsc3d4b7f9.jpgIMAG2297_zps1ecd95bc.jpgIMAG2318_zpsde88caf6.jpgIMAG2323_zps39b0f15f.jpgIMAG2325_zpsdf35893f.jpgIMAG2336_zpsb612b85a.jpgIMAG2338_zps4d7af613.jpgIMAG2344_zps8431bd60.jpg

• Like 3

I'd get custom headers and route them under the metal, then make a grill while you were at it.

??? Already has a set of hooker headers made for a 620 , and the tube grill that it has is almost 40. yrs old . I do have plans to add some more pieces in other places . I even picked the wheels to mimic the look ..

• 1 month later...

I've been makin some progress when i can . i got the door cards done and i am working on the kick panels. also finally got my little brother over to work on the body. will probably going to canby in

primer. doesn't matter to me what color it is that morning its goin on the trailer.

IMAG2417_zpsa4c419ca.jpgIMAG2420_zpsadd4ccf4.jpg

here isa shot of the seats last summer , before the top and alot more!

IMAG1320_zpsccc32fae.jpg

little brother workin

IMAG2406_zps8d14b5ca.jpgIMAG24101_zps7fb429d4.jpg

• Like 2

Great looking truck, wish mine was that nice!

Hell man you can make your truck sweet in a million ways . Why do you think I popped in on your air bag posting . Because there aren't many of these trucks around ( v 8's ) . So make it run perfect and pick a style and go for it .

I personally am trying to ad my own twist to a style that came with the truck when I got it . I am happy with the direction its going and it will keep evolving as long as I have it .

• Like 3

a litttle somrthing extra, i built these classic schwinn's to go in the back of the " Li'l Hooker 620" . i used a font called, 7 money fury. and had some decals made for the truck in the color i wanted . i painted the bikes to match and i did the seats on the bikes in the same material that the truck has.

IMAG2453_zps33916ce9.jpg

IMAG2454_zps4c03384b.jpg

• Like 3