LI'l HOOKER 620

denmarkboy

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I need is a two post lift and I'm set. Gotta buy the tools still but I'm pretty close to what I was wanting in a shop at this point.

My two dattos are out in it now, need to get the roof and one corner of the floor fixed but where they're at is good and solid. Gonna start unloading and reorganizing hopefully this weekend or on Christmas break. Really should update my threads.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

As with all of our Datsun this truck has a long story . And mine is no different ! 

I recently almost lost this truck , Ya I Know , i cant believe it either . But i left the truck with a friend for collateral on a small loan . He came to me recently and informed me he needed money and planned to sell the truck . Ya I know !  I already have a million in one things going on,so this was a pretty big curve ball. After doing all i could personally for days to try and raise the money , I came up short . And he already had someone waiting in the wings to take the truck , Ya I Know !! So i had to act quick or it was going to be gutted out and used for who knows what. 

As my time ran out to do anything I shared the situation with a few of you in the Ratsun community . And to my amazement the datsun gods parted the clouds and saved this truck for me !  YA I KNOW !!!   There is no way for me express my emotions in words !   What i can tell you is this truck will never be left in anyone's hands again . And to the angels thats saved  me from this mess i say to you, thank you !  I will never forget this !

IMAG4482_1_zpsojj4g799.jpg

• Like 8
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

The Lil hooker hasn't  had anything done to it since the last post , but lots of miles . 

It needs  a make over , all the fiberglass has taken a beating .

last summer we pulled the 4.85 gears and switched then to 3.55 , but it still didn't give me the freeway gears I was looking for . So we switched them to 3.33's  .  it is much better on the freeway but I would still like it to be a lower final gear . But it will cruise 70 now ll day , just dont step to hard on the right pedal . Or you will go sideways when your just trying to pass. 

Not sure which direction to go , one of the beauties of having a rat rod / hot rod is can be changed evolved into whatever you can imagine . Ive considered lowering and pulling all the f glass and going with zg flares , I've also considered going lower with stockers and dog dishes . 

Main reason for considering a change is its been 2 years since I put the truck back together , And the time it will take to fix the fiberglass will take alot of work ( as you can see from the pictures of the front ) . 

IMAG5707_zpsn4lkr3y2.jpgIMAG5706_zpstaze2z7y.jpgIMAG5705_zps29gzbhhu.jpg

one of the possible looks for the summer . 

Alberts%20Dat%20w-flames_2_zpskytfblvi.j

And dusted this off , it will be green before it goes on 

IMAG5704_zpssvjqihcr.jpg

• Like 6