LI'l HOOKER 620

denmarkboy

hey man a little off topic here... but u seem to be able to handle a welder and steel pretty well.. my truck has some rear cab mounts that are on their way out.. maybe something you would be willing to look at maybe repair for me? I would be willing to compensate.. no big urgency.. next time we see each other i can show u how they look.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey man a little off topic here... but u seem to be able to handle a welder and steel pretty well.. my truck has some rear cab mounts that are on their way out.. maybe something you would be willing to look at maybe repair for me? I would be willing to compensate.. no big urgency.. next time we see each other i can show u how they look.

anytime,i looked at your cab corners last summers bbq ...i pm'd you my number...IMAG1334_zpsc0498416.jpg

summer fun !

• Like 2

ok so the heater is in it's final resting place, i got the console all mocked up ,new gauges mounted and hooked up,IMAG2052_zps8593f310.jpgIMAG2053_zpsc723e742.jpg moved the tach,shift light,manual override for the fan down to the ash tray hole,looks and works better there. and i am getting ready to lay wires radio,lights,amps,...i moved the star shifter back and made a new mount for that.

AND THEN !!   My  O.C.D. kicked in .... i was walking by the front of the truck and the fan belt looked loose . upon inspection i found that the alt.bolt was bent ???? so i pulled the alt was in the middle of getting a replacement from the ol bolt bucket when i heard ....the little brown truck out front with a package for me   Paint ....! yeah baby !  did a test dabb on the inside of the cab...ilke it , as i am walking past the partly disassembled engine ....POW ! O.C.D. In full affect i tore most of the motor down , pressure washed,cleaned,painted and and put it back together....this is the color going on the truckIMAG2047_zpsd9e34c72.jpgIMAG2051_zps32bb2ec9.jpg

• Like 1

That sucks, you have to re-post them again also, the links have been broken, that means you need new links.

What happened, why were they deleted?

i wish i knew , almost a year worth of build pictures, thats all i use it for .i just reloaded them all back to the bucket. ..now what i have to make new links to all the postings ? page 15 back ?

AND THEN !!   My  O.C.D. kicked in .... i was walking by the front of the truck and the fan belt looked loose . upon inspection i found that the alt.bolt was bent ???? so i pulled the alt was in the middle of getting a replacement from the ol bolt bucket when i heard ....the little brown truck out front with a package for me   Paint ....! yeah baby !  did a test dabb on the inside of the cab...ilke it , as i am walking past the partly disassembled engine ....POW ! O.C.D. In full affect i tore most of the motor down , pressure washed,cleaned,painted and and put it back together....this is the color going on the truckIMAG2047_zpsd9e34c72.jpgIMAG2051_zps32bb2ec9.jpg

i wish i knew , almost a year worth of build pictures, thats all i use it for .i just reloaded them all back to the bucket. ..now what i have to make new links to all the postings ? page 15 back ?

If they are all missing you do, it's kinda a pain but if you want them there you do, and anyone that quoted you, them quote photos are gone forever, you have to really be careful and realize that when you make any changes to your photo hosting accounts, the links are lost and cannot be fixed that I know of.

Ok Ratsun brothers , I need some advice.

First let's start with what I am doin : Now that I got it all torn down , disc brakes ! All the way around , new exhaust( headers back) . I am moving all the wiring from the engine bay, solid bed cover,trunk , changing the rear end lowering back a couple inches,

Ok so advice I need : I want the truck to be 5 lug( no adapter) anybody done this? It would be nice to use a rearend set up for disc already. I don't know that I want to keep the square headlight set up , opinions ? Ideas ?

And the biggy ! I am considering taking off all the flares ,spoiler, I ve always built ground huggers,( its a life style gotta dig it ) and was never really was into all the f-glass.

Opinions ? Advice ?

• Like 1

Ok so advice I need : I want the truck to be 5 lug( no adapter) anybody done this? It would be nice to use a rearend set up for disc already.

well the 5 lug swap should be pretty easy. 

the way i would do it would be to start with a balljoint conversion. upper A arms have to be made or bought to do this. 

with balljoints, you can use a HB spindle. i know it take s a little custom work, but the toyota 5 lug hubs can be adapted to the nissan spindle. and then with 4.5x5 pattern you can run any wheel you want. youll also have all kinds of aftermarket brake kits you can run with the 5 lug hub. 

for the rearend, a narrowed 8.8 with disks could work.. a stock disk brake axle from a late model s10 could work too.. did they even have disk brakes? toyota 5 lug axle with disk brake kit? 

hope it helps. 

• Like 2