LI'l HOOKER 620

denmarkboy

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestely, I think the random flames look a little "south of the boarder". Perhaps we can play with some flames on an another front end. I love drawing flames. Old school flames with the modern flames painted on the inside of the licks. 

• Like 2

Honestely, I think the random flames look a little "south of the boarder". Perhaps we can play with some flames on an another front end. I love drawing flames. Old school flames with the modern flames painted on the inside of the licks. 

Agreed ! the truck is getting a wrap for our first local show this year. And we are trying to do something different to the truck . The Rat's with Dat's are staying on the door , everything else can be changed . 

• Like 1

Just caught up on this thread, man this truck has gone though some stages! Looks awesome tho, when I bought my truck my step dad printed me out a pic of yours just to show it was possible to v8 swap

It has taken a lot of work to get it this way , but yeah , anything is possible if your willing to put in the time and $$. 

After all I've been thru to get it to where it is has taken a long time ,but it will drive anywhere . Took it to Mt. Shasta last year ( 5+ hour drive one way ) and it was a blast ! 

• Like 1

you gonna replace the front spoiler if you pull all the fiberglass?

i personally would leave the fiberglass because it's kinda an individual look for that truck, she looks nice and mean, goes with the engine yaknow?

i kinda like the flames, especially that gas tank that jes posted up, looks slick. if you can get stickers like that tank cut that'd be pretty badass.

• Like 1

Do you have a few pics of the firewall mods without the motor installed? 

Sure do .  I just went back and started replacing pics . Lol . . I was posting one picture per post . . . this could take forever . . 

But here are some pictures from inside of the cab under the hood . . And I actually have a 2nd hooker header fire wall piece I got last year . I got a truck that was slated to be built the same way as the Lil Hooker . But it never got finished, So I now have a 2nd Lil hooker truck ( unbuilt ) ready to be built . 

IMAG1002_zps5grdpeir.jpgIMAG1003_zpsooakwjfl.jpgIMAG1004_zpsidjd5oq2.jpgIMAG5221_zps79wsnzbo.jpgIMAG5220_zpst43tejbg.jpgIMAG5219_zpsurbaosno.jpgIMAG2115_zpsojq2qyqe.jpgIMAG2113_zpseh9ucgh8.jpgIMAG2112_zps3ajy3o4n.jpg

• Like 3

I'm digging the green flames. Natural flames rolling over hood and fender with flame tips just getting to Rat's with Dat's, maybe running behind, but leave bed solid color.

Your wrapping right? Whole thing all the way to the tailgate? So are you sticking with black as background color? Black is good. Dunno what else would work well with the green flames

VG flares, lowered, blacked out steelies, and camero sproiler

Win

• Like 2

Like I showed jester when he was here , The fiberglass is in pretty bad shape . It has seen much better days . The front spoiler and drivers fender are the worst . But the rest is really cracked up to . 

Jester brought me a set of stock rims and caps . .  Im considering going super low and ratty . it would be a pretty easy change . I've considered this a few times now . and i'm just not sure whats gonna happen next .

Hogie , I did like the gasser idea you threw out the other day when you were here . but I dont think I want to  do that much work . .

However .  . I do like the vg flare idea , it would allow me to use the same wheels I already have on the truck . . .  Anyone got a set of vg's laying around ? 

• Like 1

With the horse power you have lowering it would be a bad idea.  You will want some ground clearance when you romp on it and the get back out of it.  Crushed headers suck.  I know did that back in the seventies with one of my 55 Chevy's.

Thats my biggest struggle . Right now it can be driven anywhere , and it handles great . clears speedbumps fine .

I know lowering it will change everything , but it will take alot of work to save the fiberglass . 

• Like 1